Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Shaky arms and Dr. Google freaked me out  (Read 110 times)

Offline renschwartz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shaky arms and Dr. Google freaked me out
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:12:00 AM »
Hi all.  I am new to this site. 

Two years ago I was diagnosed with anxiety -- got myself some  help and things were going well.  I had my third son born in March 2014.  About a month after I had him, I noticed things that I felt were my anxiety creeping back up (obviously stress of a newborn, lack of sleep, etc, I assumed were contributing to this).  Anyways, one of my main things was that I felt shaky in my legs (when walking down stairs), or in my low back (when bending over), or in my arms or hands when doing certain things (like texting or something).  I have had this before and it stops bothering me once I deal with the anxiety. 

So, last night I went outside and trimmed the hedges with a hand shears for about 30 minutes, and came into get a drink.  My arms and hands were tired, but I didn't feel like I did anything strenous.  When I went to get a drink my hands shook like a leaf!  both of them.  It got better after a couple hours, but my hands and arms ached all night from that simple task.  So, I googled it and ALS came up which freaked me out. 

Based on what I read here though, on this forum, is that it can't be ALS because ALS wouldn't suddenly get worse after doing something, and then get better a few hours later.  Plus, the fact that I can do everything (even though my arms feel weak and tired) means its just from use, and not from a disease. 

I am wondering if my thinking is correct - until last night, I didn't even know what ALS was, so now of course my mind is racing.  Thoughts? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Shaky arms and Dr. Google freaked me out
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:27:54 AM »
Hi Ren...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Again, welcome to Anxiety Zone, Ren; it's good to have you here.  The very best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 11:32:33 AM »
Ren,  You are correct.  Something else to keep in mind, your muscles can be tense and you not know it, this may have contributed to the weak feelings and shakiness.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline renschwartz

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 02:33:21 PM »
Thanks- always nice to hear I am thinking right! 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: