Hi everybody. I hope I am not alone in this...
I am a migraine sufferer (with visual auras), and since the last episode I have been on a constant edge. A week after the episode I started having all sorts of visual disturbances (some come and go, some are pretty much constant). I have been to A&E twice (first time they sent me to an eye hospital - eyes are okay, second time they said it was probably caused by a depression), and seen my doc a zillion times, but he keeps fobbing me off and refuses refer to a neurologist saying ot doesn't sound like there is anything wrong with my brain. So, my symptoms have been/are:
- unable to focus on anything other than my vision (constantly checking and analysing what I m seeing)
- now and then a shiny dot appears for a few seconds in my vision field (some days once a day, some days often)
- edges of bright contrasting items look uneven (like parts are missingn or it looks jagged)
- reading: sometimes words look funny or letters seem to be missing
- sensitivity to light: light seems too dim or too bright
- tunnel vision (?) sometimes, can focus on one thing at a time, the rest (or some of it) kind of disappears
- white surfaces shimmering
- increasing awareness of floaters
- sense of intense fear
- feelings of tension in my body
- feeling that things around me make no sense, or look somehow strange, alien.
- and the latest: something a bit like double vision. I do not really see double, but it's like my brain kind of processes it that way, it's like I am not sure if I see one or two, though with my eyes I see and am aware of how many people/things I see. Kind of hard to explain. I must add it is not everything that I see that way, mostly people on the street or litter on the ground. It's like once I noticed it once, I could not stop focusing on it again!
I have had anxiety/panic attacks in the past, but they were the classical kind: pounding heart, fear, breathlessness, clammy hands, dizziness..... But this is something different and has been going on for 3 months. Can these symptoms be due to anxiety?
I was starting to feel a bit better, but this week it seems to be coming all back with new visual symptom, making me so terrified and anxious again.
Could this all be due to anxiety? Does anyone else have such symptoms with anxiety?