Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Nervous about final exam, help?  (Read 94 times)

Offline emmmmaaaa

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Nervous about final exam, help?
« on: June 19, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
Hi!
It's finals week, which would normally give me absolutely no issue, yet this time around, it's been giving me a lot of issues. I've never had any issues with test taking in the past, it's just been since December when my OCD/anxiety really started to act up. I study plenty and I'm not necessarily worried about the grades as I've always been on the honor roll, I'm scared that for some strange reason, I'd freak out during the test. I don't know exactly what creaking out refers to, but I guess I mean that I'm scared I'll "lose it" in the middle of the test and do something considered crazy, such as leaving and not finishing the test or starting to cry or something. For the past 3 tests, I've had a really hard time focusing, almost so much that I feel like crying, and I feel kind of fidgety, and it seriously feels like I'm losing my mind. I do get to take my test in an alternate location due to my anxiety, but I still feel sort of trapped, as being at school and taking an important test makes me really anxious. If I were to take it at home, I'd be absolutely fine, but something about taking it at school makes me so anxious.

I would really appreciate some tips, as I'd like to do as well on my exams as possible while being able to have a clear mind and focus! Thanks :)
Bookmark and Share
OCD // Emetephobia // Hypochondria //

Offline celiacruz12

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nervous about final exam, help?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »
Ive felt like ima lose it while ive taken my finals, but the best way to avoid this is to be study before hand and remember that you are prepared and once you are taking the test you cant study anymore so just make the best of what you know. try to plan somthing special after your test so you can have something to look for afterwards to reward yourself for having done so well. I almost ran out one time in the middle of a final but remember that anxiety cant last forever so if you feel bad during the test just give it time and it WILL pass. and absolutely no caffenie before the test.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bravo nine

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Nervous about final exam, help?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:03:45 AM »
Hi emmmmmaa...I know exactly how you feel! I've taken numerous tests (in school and for my current career) and my anxiety during those times is almost unbearable. When I was in my last year of university,  with the help of my psychiatrist, I was able to write my test in a 'designated test area' that was offered by my university. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who had issues so the university aloud people like us to write our exams in a special secluded room with extra time. I have ocd and things often take me longer to complete.. I used to not be able to finish exams because of this so the extra time aloud me to keep doing what I was doing (ocd) AND complete my tests! See if your school has it :)

Also, when I was doing exams for my career, a therapist once taught me to practice these exercises by 'putting myself' in the same state of mind as when I'm about to do the test... for example, I feel like I can't breathe and panic so he got me to breathe through a straw several times a day before my exam to put me in that 'state'. When it came time to do my exam, I was almost desensitized by that state of anxiety...
Bookmark and Share
The only way out is through

Tags: