Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Need advice please  (Read 77 times)

Offline Masond_06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need advice please
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
I went to a dentist maybe two months ago and had an oral cancer screening that showed abnormal cells and he sent me to an oral surgeon to get a biopsy. The surgeon looked around and didn't see anything out of the ordinary and that  was just swollen lymph tissue. So I didn't get a biopsy done and went on my way. I went to my GP and he looked at it and gave me some antibiotics to take and if it doesn't clear up he'll send me to an ENT. I went to an ent and he said it was lymph tissue but on the other side was an ulcer and that he was going to give me antibiotics. So later that day I called and told him I had already taken the antibiotic he had prescribed so he prescribed me cipro. I called later and opted out and told him to just cut it out since he would do it if it's still there anyway and was told that it would be about two weeks. I didn't want to wait that long so I made an appointment with an oral surgeon to have a consolation for a biopsy. I went today and he looked it and said it looked like an area an ulcer had been that had healed over. The area had a small area of white in it but this was nothing to worry about so now I have two conflicting areas. I'm 25 and am a previous Smoker and dipper. Also used to drink but don't anymore. I also went through a point where I had lots of ct scans due to anxiety and doctors just sending me so I've been exposed to unneeded amounts of radiations. I'm wondering what to do now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 10:39:47 PM »
I had to get all my teeth replaced, fitting with titanium posts, have gum surgery, and all teeth capped. During this, I got literally hundreds of X-Rays to a very specific area. There have been no side effects from this.

So try to relax. Your body is more resilient than you think.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: