Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Petechiae inside right elbow AGAIN  (Read 209 times)

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Petechiae inside right elbow AGAIN
« on: June 19, 2014, 07:46:52 PM »
So this is weird.

Last year I had a rather thick, solid petechial rash inside my elbow - twice.  Blood tests revealed nothing.  It never came back.  I mostly forgot about it.

But today it's back, same place.  I noticed a few spots inside either elbows a few days ago when I was out in the sun and figured I was getting a heat rash, but today it's a big, very noticeable rash inside my elbow and up my arm on that side.  Assuming it's not sun related because I wasn't outside at all yesterday. 

Worried about multiple myeloma, as I still have leg pain, joint pain (especially in hips, and inknees which is new), increased thirst, dark urine, memory problems (and the complete inability to find words), intense fatigue and shortness of breath even when not active.  I did just have some blood tests run by my gyn but I'm not sure if blood counts, etc, were included.  I'll be calling him tomorrow to ask.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Petechiae inside right elbow AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 04:24:47 AM »
I've started having pain in my leg bones, but I guess that could be in my head.  Either way it's uncomfortable.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 08:14:29 AM »
MOLY MM would most likely dhow up in your blood work be sues it's a blood C right??? Please stop stressing yourself out. I bet anything you are perfectly fine. Joint pain is defiantly a symptom you can have as a side effect of the illness you are fearing. Sure joint pain is real and you feel it but it can be intensified by the fear of an illness that causes it. Do you a Vitamin D deficiency can cause your symptoms as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 03:22:16 PM »
I talked to my doctor again - and again got the rundown of every other result, poor guy must have had a really busy week to not remember doing this before! - and he did do blood counts and they were fine so I guess I can stop worrying about that.  My vitamin D is a little low but a LOT better than it has been in the past, which is good. 

I think a lot of my current HA is coming from stress in the rest of my life right now.  I've made appointments with a therapist several times and chickened out every time...I need to just do it, I know.  Hopefully this time I will make myself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline avianwaif

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • artist and crafter
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 03:34:16 PM »
Have you been carrying a heavy purse at your elbow, heavy shopping bags (or other items) at your elbow, curled up in a blanket, or worn a long-sleeved shirt and tensed up that arm pretty hard? Even a few days prior to noticing? I've gotten some petechiae on my inner elbow from all of the above - my blood labs (when not ill) are great. I'm not much of a 'bruiser' - but that spot just likes to bruise.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 03:52:33 PM »
I don't carry a purse on my elbow, but I probably slept on it like I always do. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: