Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: arsgduf  (Read 80 times)

Offline ANXY-WOR

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: arsgduf
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 01:23:48 AM »
Hi Lucy,

Welcome to the Forum - we have a lot of great people here, that knowledgeable and have been through - what you are going through.

I posted your post from a month ago so the users can view your post  :happy0151:

Again, welcome to the Forum.  :action-smiley-065:

Here is your post from a month ago:

Hey guys,
I'm new to this forum and not too sure what it's all about or if it's going to help me..
I'm 23 years old and have been told by my doctor that I'm suffering from health anxiety (although I'm not convinced!)
It all started at the beginning if the year - I had a very random and very scary panic attack which came completely out of the blue! From then I've had the worst physical symptoms I've ever experienced.. Chest pain, numbness and tingling in my left arm, pain in my ribs, difficulty breathing sometimes, head aches, extreme tiredness (to the point where I feel like I'm going to fall asleep any second), dizziness, brain fog.. The list is endless!

I've been to my gp and also a&e numerous times and they've done some tests.. I had routine bloods, ECG, chest X-ray and the blood pressure etc.. All came back normal!
Even though I've been told I'm ok I just don't feel I am, I feel there is something seriously wrong with me (my heart worries me the most). Every doctor I have seen has told me that heart problems don't happen to girls of my age, so they've never done any tests on my heart. Since then I've been reading up on things and apparently it IS possible to have heart problems at my age! So what do I do? Do I take their word for it or keep going back until I get it tested? I feel like it's ruining my life - everyday I wake up thinking is this going to be the day I have a heart attack! The symptoms are so real and they are there 24/7!

Also my doctor put me on fluoxetine around 4 months ago - I have recently stopped taking it because it wasn't helping and I was getting awful side effects. Does anyone recommend any medication to help with how I am feeling?
I'm so so worried about my help! And no one seems to care. All I hear is anxiety, it's just anxiety, you have anxiety!!!!

Also I should add, I'm not at all overweight, I do smoke occasionally and have a pretty rubbish diet - I know the smoking and diet aren't going to help but I feel so rubbish that I cans stop eating rubbish!!!
Thank you very much for reading. Any help what so ever is very appreciated x
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
Re: arsgduf
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 01:48:59 AM »
Hi again, Lucy.

From reading the description you have what I had back 1979, almost exactly...

By the information you posted - I sure you have what I had - Panic Disorder with anxiety.

The good news is - that is very common :yes: but people who never had it, can not relate to us.

You will find many people here with great advice and tips on getting control of this Biological Disorder that can be terrifying but can be easily managed when you get the proper information.

You mentioned:

Also my doctor put me on fluoxetine around 4 months ago - I have recently stopped taking it because it wasn't helping and I was getting awful side effects. Does anyone recommend any medication to help with how I am feeling?
I'm so so worried about my help! And no one seems to care. All I hear is anxiety, it's just anxiety, you have anxiety!!!!

Just some things I noticed, since I have used many meds, including Prozac (Fluoxetine) which I noticed.

In IMHO:

1) Prozac is not a good choice for panic disorder - since it is the most "Energizing" of all the medications, and tends to cause more anxiety than say - Lexapro, or Celexa, which has much milder side effects and is not as "Stimulating" as prozac from my experience in using it.

2) I noticed, that you didn't mention - any Benzodiazepines such Lorazepam or Klonopin was prescribed for your anxiety, any type of Antidepressants will take 4-6 weeks for it to start working, in meantime you will need a small dose of Benzodiazepines to quickly control your anxiety and help offset the side effects of any Antidepressants you will be using. 

3) From my own personal experience with Panic Disorder, There is no way I could stay on any of the antidepressants  medications without  a small dose of Benzodiazepine to help control my Panic Attacks and allow me to sleep.

Hope this information, help and NO YOU ARE NOT GOING CRAZY - THIS IS A VERY COMMON PROBLEM - THAT CAN EASILY BE TREATED WITH TODAY'S MEDICATIONS AND EXCELLENT THERAPY TECHNIQUES.  :action-smiley-065:

let us know how you are doing, we have a lot people here how are very knowledgeable about this problem, and KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL !   :nature-smiley-016:

Keep us updated....  :action-smiley-065:

Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags:

anything