Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone tried Gabapentin?  (Read 569 times)

Offline Andrew90

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone tried Gabapentin?
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 10:31:15 PM »
Glad to hear the Klonopin is working out well for you. I too am on 1 mg of it daily, and have felt that it acts almost as a shield against panic. It's a safe medication, and one that you won't be likely to forget to take, because you realize how effective it is at suppressing high anxiety. It's no magic bullet, but it's a great med. It's also typically a lot more effective than gabapentin at treating anxiety.

It's advisable for many people who are on benzo's to pair up the medication with an antidepressant. That helps for when it comes time to eventually wean off of the benzo (if you choose to do so). Being entirely med-free isn't a realistic option for most of us GAD sufferers, so having a strong AD in the background is a sound strategy. Opinions vary on this, but it's something to consider.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone tried Gabapentin?
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2014, 10:30:38 AM »
Thanks, Andrew. 

I also have bipolar so I do take prozac and lithium so my AD is covered.  And personally, I don't plan on getting off klonopin
if I don't have too.  I've been on the P&L for 20 years and it's working fine.  I'm amazed at how much better I feel with klon!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: