Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Antibiotic worries..  (Read 51 times)

Offline Shayden

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Antibiotic worries..
« on: June 19, 2014, 04:52:17 PM »
(I have already talked about something like this muliple times, I apologize, i'm just scared shitless..still, I need some type of relief.)
So I went to the doctor a couple days ago and get tested to see if i have strep, turned out I don't I have an abscess on only one of my tonsils, it doesn't even hurt severely bad it's not even huge, so he gave me antibiotics that I have to take 4 times a day, (10ml) today is only day 2 of taking it 4 times a day, before i took the antibiotic it looked like 2 pimples together now it looks like it's forming into one big white head, it doesn't really hurt i'd give it a 3/10 for pain.
I am SO freaked out if it's going to work or not, I don't want to get some shot or surgery just to remove it, doctor never metioned nither of those but i'm still freaking out..
Of course I had to look up dumb bs, mad my anxiety go threw the roof, people kept saying " oh it might give you pneumonia" or "heart problems" AND the one that really freaked me out the most.. "Antibiotics probably wont cure the infection, you're going to have to get it drained" .. my abcess is probably no more than an ince wide how the hell can any of this be possible?! .. i'm literally scared that ANY of that is going to happen, I don't want to get it drained, I don't want surgery, I just want these antibiotics to work.  >:(  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Antibiotic worries..
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »
Of course I had to look up dumb bs, mad my anxiety go threw the roof, people kept saying " oh it might give you pneumonia" or "heart problems" AND the one that really freaked me out the most.. "Antibiotics probably wont cure the infection, you're going to have to get it drained" ..

If it was a life and death situation would you take the advice of some random posters or your doctor?

I don't want to get it drained, I don't want surgery, I just want these antibiotics to work.

I have no idea whether the antibiotic will work, but your doctor seems to think it will.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: