Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Teenage HA PLEASE HELP  (Read 130 times)

Offline HNDFL

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Never Give Up Never Back Down
    • Poke This Member
Teenage HA PLEASE HELP
« on: June 19, 2014, 03:19:34 PM »
Hello All

I am a 16 year old male with severe HA. First I will give a bit of background info. My Mom and Grandma have SEVERE ANXIETY, so I have been exposed to it for my entire life! A little over a month ago I got sick with a bad case of Asthmatic Bronchitis, where my chest hurt really bad. This started my worries. I have always been a worrier! Over the past few weeks I have had a heart attack, heart disease, lung caner, appendicitis, a collapsed lung, so on and so forth. I am on 100mg of Zoloft for 3 weeks now. The overall anxiety has gotten better but my HA has gotten worse! I have had an ekg, echocardiogram, and blood work done. So i know I am perfectly healthy. I am constanlanly googling any minor symptom I have, I cannot help it!I have found that if I stay busy then I don't worry, but I really dont feel like doing anything. I understand I am too young to be constantly worried like this!!

Any tips would be helpful!!

Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline kristinsanxiety

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Teenage HA PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »
Hey HN -

I've been dealing with anxiety since I was 12 and I am now about to be 20. The important thing to remember is that there are people here to support you with what you're going through. There will be good days and bad days and you just have to make the best of them. Exercise is a great way to help calm an anxious mind, I find going for a half hour run is very helpful and calms my nerves. Also stop googling. I know it's super addicting and very hard to just quit but you have to. Google has no answers for you. Block it from your computer if you have to but you need to stop. I'm here if you want to talk.

Kristin  ;*) :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline HNDFL

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:34:35 PM »
Thank you so much for your response!

I have tried very hard to stop googling any symptoms I have. I have made some steps since posting the topic. I have blocked all medical websites on my computer and ***** Anwsers, as I found myself constantly on them looking up stuff. It is something different everyday! Today I'm in constant worry that I am having an appendicitis because I am having some discomfort on my right side!! I seem to be in a constant fear of something being wrong with me!!
Bookmark and Share
"An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up"-Proverbs 12:25

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."-John 14:27

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:52:41 PM »
I've been dealing with health anxiety since I was sixteen. I am now 26, have a husband and two beautiful children. I think you're doing the right thing by getting help now, and I commend your parents for getting you the help you need. So many parents (my own included) tend to make fun of their teen as a hypochondriac and tend to brush things off, leaving us embarrassed and fearful to approach them with real issues. You're so blessed!! Keep working on the medication - I've heard that it can take a while to find the right med or dose for your body. Keep up the good work!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 05:57:39 PM »
Some discomfort? Talk to anybody who has had appendicitis and they'll tell you it wasn't just SOME discomfort, it's not something you suspect, you KNOW something is wrong.

You're overmonitoring yourself and overreacting to every little thing, which is classic HA. You really need to get control of this! Easier said than done, I know. You're far too young to let yourself go to waste with senseless worrying.  :(

Have you thought about CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)?
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline HNDFL

Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 04:21:07 PM »
Thank you to all for the reply!!

I am super glad I have the parents I have!!

I have a CBT appt. on Wednesday of this week so I am looking forward to it!

I still have some discomfort in my side, but my Mom thinks its from me rubbing it!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: