Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sinuses, tooth or in my head? Please help!  (Read 196 times)

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sinuses, tooth or in my head? Please help!
« on: June 19, 2014, 02:25:59 PM »
This started yesterday afternoon when I took a nap for about an hour. I slept on my left side and when I got up the left side of my face from my nose to temple and around my eye hurt. My top back teeth hurt as well. It felt like my head was going to explode. I went to urgent care and they said it was sinus pressure. I finally took a Tylenol last night and layed on my right side. The pain disappeared and I went to sleep . 

I woke up all night with anxiety and feeling like I can't get enough air. I don't know if I was hyperventilating but my head would feel tingly and I kept feeling nauseous. I wen to the er at 5 this morning and called out of work. The er said sinus and anxiety.
When I got home I noticed one of my teeth felt sensitive so I went to the dentist. She did a panoramic xray and said she didn't see any red flags so it was probably sinus. She was booking in my mouth and there was a little blood and a bad taste. She said it may be a small abscess in the gum pocket. I've been looking it up and most people don't even take antibiotics for that but I'm terrified she released this infection into my blood.

I'm still so anxious and slightly nauseous to where I don't want to eat. The pain is still gone but it feels like a little pressure is there. I also was already anxious yesterday because I had a few palpitations which scare me to death. I just need some advice or someone who can help me think rationally.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sinuses, tooth or in my head? Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:55:01 PM »
I've had sinus issues for many years now, and this sounds absolutely typical of an issue with them. It can affect your whole head, and even further down into your chest. I've gone to the dentists with chronic pain in a tooth, convinced it's rotten and terrible, to find out it's noting but sinuses.

Palpitations are also nothing to worry about. And the likelihood of getting an infection into your blood in that manner is ridiculously low. Possibly if you had a weakened immune system. Otherwise, your body is designed to deal with these things :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:03:07 PM »
I get these sinus headaches all the time, It will get so bad that my teeth start to hurt and the back of my eyes and a headache that never goes away.

Also, your hyperventilation is a good possible indicator that you have an anxiety disorder or may even a panic disorder.

Good news  :action-smiley-065: - You will be o.k. - this something my wife also experiences.

To solve this - may be a little problematic -

1)  Your Sinus:  Can quickly be drained by pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30 mg - which is now only available at  pharmacy - you will need to show ID, because  there's a limit to the amount they can purchase.  I would avoid the alternative Sudafed PE  (phenylephrine) the "on the shelf" alternative which is inferior drug when it comes removing Sinus Congestion.

The normal dosage is two tablets, but I would just take one, since it also very stimulating and can cause anxiety.  And depending on your reaction to it, I would increase to two, the pressure on your head and your teeth will dissipate in a day or two.  And, always take it during the day, because of its stimulating effects.

2) Your Anxiety, - this is going to a different issue, for example - my wife will need to take 5 mg of Diazepam when she takes pseudoephedrine - if she does not, she will wake up in a couple of hours, with hot flashes and an anxiety attack. 

3) If you take pseudoephedrine during the day, and you are active, you might do just fine with countering the "energizing" side effects of the Sinus medication.

Just some thoughts,

I hope you feel better  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline ryates80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 03:12:23 PM »
Thank you, I'm trying to calm down. I asked her if I needed antibiotics and she said only if they give them to me for the sinuses. Its just so hard when my brain wants me to think I'm dying. Now I'm running to the bathroom. I just wish none of us had to deal with this.

Unfortunately I can't take sudafed of any kind. I took it once and it made me so anxious and my heart was racing. I'm sensitive to medications. I've been doing saline nasal spray and I might take some claritin.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 06:20:23 PM »
I know what you mean - Sudafed is pretty strong - and not good for our anxiety  :sick0002:

I just noticed a natural Sinus formula on Amazon - Sinus Health & Seasonal Discomfort Formula by LES Labs - that appears to have very good reviews.  Never tried myself, but it might be natural alternative to look at:

http://www.amazon.com/Discomfort-LES-Labs-Vegetarian-Quercetin/dp/B00G9G16A2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

You might want to create another post - if anyone on the Forum might know about a natural Sinus alternative to help you out.

Hope you feel better!   :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline ryates80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 07:01:17 PM »
OK I am absolutely terrified now. I don't know how it can be sinus if I don't have any other sinus symptoms so I'm terrified its a tooth infection that the xray didn't see or the gum infection. I think its going to my brain. I just want to cry!
Bookmark and Share

Offline ryates80

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 07:31:55 PM »
Unfortunately I went to the er and they did a ct scan with contrast. My sinuses are perfect. He suspects a tooth but the dentist said she didn't see any "red flags". The er doc wants me to take the augmentin they gave me for sinuses. I took one last night and spent 2 hours thinking I was going to have anaphylaxis. You should have seen me when they were doing the contrast. She had never had someone so anxious and crying over it. So now I either suck it up and hope the antibiotics don't kill me or let the infection spread :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: