Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Accepting the dizzyness, disorientation...  (Read 228 times)

Offline dbirm77

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Accepting the dizzyness, disorientation...
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »
I have seen first hand the power of acceptance. Most of the symptoms of my PD (hart pals, sweating, shaking) have lessened severly because I've learned to truly accept them for what they are...stress responses on a severly sensitized person. However, the same cannot be said for the other symptoms that I encounter...specifically dizzyness, disorientation, derealization, and the accompanying headaches. These experiences still 'haunt' me and no matter how hard I have tried to accept these as simply anxiety symptoms, I have not been able to reduce their effects. Does anyone have any practical techniques to reduce these particular symptoms?

As always...thanks for reading.

Drew
Bookmark and Share
Expect.....anxiety to come.
Accept.....anxiety and all it's sensations.
Ask.........anxiety for more!

Rinse and repeat!

Online Adelle55

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Accepting the dizzyness, disorientation...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »
I understand where you are coming from I to have anxiety with dizziness and I know it's anxiety but I still haven't totally overcome it. I don't get the headaches, disorientation, and derealisation. For me it's the dizziness and contant shakiness and chronic anxiety. My dizziness use to be so bad that it felt like I drank 2 quarts of whiskey and I'm not a drinker. I have been excercising everyday for the past year and it has helped reduce the dizziness but I still have it. I heard if you try and distract yourself it goes away, it has worked for me but not enough to enjoy a day I have only moments.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:43:08 PM »
Those are the same symptoms that I can not accept as well. I'm glad there is someone that is the same. I was doing fine today and something happened and I started to feel derealization and the disoriented feeling and it all went down hill from there. I feel that if I got over these symptoms then my anxiety would be no more.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlwaysAnxious36

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 07:53:27 PM »
There are some things I have not come to accept as well.  I hate the dizziness that I get.  It comes and goes however it seems when I keep my mind off of it I am fine.  Also a few months ago I had some sort of attack.  I was at work when it happened, my eyebrow seemed to feel like it was asleep, and about two hours later the whole side of my face went numb.  I was so scared I was having a stroke, it lead to a panic attack.  I then proceeded to break out in hives.  The pharmacist where I worked determined it was some sort of allergic reaction and gave me a allergy pill.  I went to my doctor and she sent me for an MRI.  Everything was fine, she said it could be stress and anxiety as it does a lot of damage and weird things to your body.  At times I get phantom pins and needles in my face.  It drives me crazy and I get scared that its going to happen again, however if I get my mind off of it and don't think about it, it goes away.  Its the weirdest thing ever.  It scares me.  These are just some of the things I am having a hard time accepting.  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 05:45:18 AM »
I have the exact same problems, I feel drunk most of the day its not good. In the past two months though I have had break throughs due to acceptance. I have no idea how I accepted it but I just did. It was great, all back to normal then WHAM back to square one.

I am going to start Sertraline today, any of you on meds? I am hoping that it will become controllable once they kick in.

Good luck guys!  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 01:48:27 PM »
I'm with you guys.  I hate this feeling, but I know its anxiety.  Sometimes in long building I feel like I need to walk along the walls to keep steady.  If I'm in a shop I'll always look for a cart. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: