Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Eating Habits  (Read 393 times)

Offline Elle__4

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Eating Habits
« on: June 19, 2014, 03:02:05 AM »
I'm interested to know how anxiety affects eating habits. Eg, types of food eaten, amounts eaten and eating habits - eating fast, slow, bingeing, starving, leaving food, craving food, where you eat, who you eat with, when you eat, etc.. 

Personally, my enjoyment of food hasn't changed but I've found the worse my anxiety gets, the faster I eat.  I've also realised I'm craving ridiculously spicy food.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Eating Habits
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:37:19 AM »
I tend to stick to same food types daily. Never change what I eat. So I would be a cheap date.  :laugh3:
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Rosie32

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »
Hi :)
With my anxiety issues, I rarely go out to eat. If my family plan to go out somewhere I will refuse to go because the thought of people looking at me eating is unbearable. I still try to eat 3 meals a day but if I'm out, I tend to go without eating.
When I'm at home, I can eat just fine.
I'll usually eat in my room though so I guess I'm relaxed in there.
:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sionnach

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 07:22:32 PM »
the thought of people looking at me eating is unbearable.

During my teens this was a crippling anxiety for me. I couldn't eat in front of anyone except my family. This caused major problems in school, people thought I had an eating disorder. Fortunately I've been able to work through that and I can eat in public now ;D

I do however have massive anxiety about meat being undercooked and getting food poisoning so I only order vegetarian food when I'm out, and never eggs!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »
i have to say that with anxiety if I'm at home with my cat then I eat a lot of food to calm down and just to disrtact myself, I then go on a walk because I become restless... Sometimes take my cat along.  :laugh3: But when I'm on vacation without my cat for comfort and I have anxiety then I have NO appetite and I almost feel dirty when I eat food. My relatives were threatening to ground me for not eating, they don't get that without my cat I'm just not the same.  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline AfternoonRose

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2014, 07:33:32 PM »
When I am anxious or depressed, I don't eat :(

Because I feel guilty and feel like I don't deserve it... So I don't go buy any food and skip meals and it makes me feel pretty weak, but on those days, I just don't give a damn...
Bookmark and Share

Offline lauralise

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 09:14:36 AM »
Cool topic! Personally, I can't eat breakfast due to anxiety. In the morning, facing the day ahead, my stomach feels too nauseas and just looking at any type of food makes me upset. Otherwise I eat pretty normally.
Though I do binge eat junk food sometimes when I'm stressed :sick0002: and sometimes I eat just to have a repetitive motion to do, not because Im hungry.  I also eat fast, until my jaw hurts. If food is before me I feel I can not take time with it, its like my brain thinks eating is a race.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sas4td

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 11:14:18 AM »
It seems that sweets can ramp up any existing anxiety if I am not expending that quick energy from sugar via positive means (exercise, enjoyable activities).

Caffeine can exacerbate any existing anxiety, but it doesn't cause it; it often elevates my mood.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KathyRyan

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2014, 10:10:53 AM »
Hi there since these panic attacks have started I noticed that I don't want to eat that much. I used to love my food and sweeties but now just don't want them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline DocuGuy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2014, 09:27:12 PM »
just like others, when anxiety kicking, i can't eat in public, even with my family. but, when i am alone in my room, that's the best meal i will have :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AbbiM

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 07:30:05 AM »
The thought of eating in public makes me feel so nauseous, and make me gag. Sometimes I struggle to eat in front of my husband at home. I eat best when I'm all alone and with a newspaper or a book. But when I'm having a particually bad day I cannot eat at all, even if I begin to feel a bit hungry my throat just closes up.
Bookmark and Share
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Tags: