Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of Colon Cancer...  (Read 191 times)

Offline mtroy388

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of Colon Cancer...
« on: June 19, 2014, 01:31:00 AM »
So if you get grossed out easily, I would suggest not reading this. Just a heads up. Hopefully people will read this, though.  B-;

So anyways....Sometimes after I eat I get horrible stomach cramps. This happens until I finally, to say in a more intelligent way, pass a stool. (Take a *****) I definitely don't go to the restroom enough. Sometimes, I only go once a week. Twice a week other times. I've had problems with not going enough since I was a child. Definitely. So, I will eat something sometimes, and then have horrible cramps until I finally pass my stool and then I feel relief. The problem is, it takes me a while to pass a stool under these conditions. I'm pretty sure I was in the bathroom for about an hour last night before it happened.

This doesn't always happen after I eat, though. I'd say this happens maybe every three weeks or so. It also doesn't happen before I pass a stool every time either. And also, most of the time I actually do use the restroom, I can just pass it without the long amount of time it takes for me to go. I still don't go enough, though.

This has been ongoing for years. Since I was in high school. I'm 19 now, however, the stomach cramps until I feel relief have been ongoing since I was maybe 15 or 16, I believe.

I've recently had a fear of Colon Cancer, because I've noticed when I pass a stool, there is sometimes blood on my stool. Not a lot. In fact, a very tiny bit of blood. I was thinking it was because I strain and my stools are rather large. (My ***** is huge  :traurig001: ) But lately, I was wondering if the blood and the cramps after I eat until I pass my stool is due to colon cancer because I looked up the symptoms and freaked out.

I just need some help. I'm freaking out and all I want is to be happy. Thank you if you took the time to read this.

Also, I've had white mucus before in my stools. This has only happened to me like twice and just happened recently, though.

Edit: I also forgot to mention I don't exercise much and my diet is kind of crappy, tbh. I also don't get enough sleep at night. Lol, so that's not a very good lifestyle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mtroy388

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of Colon Cancer...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:45:44 AM »
Don't be shy to reply. I need someone.  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:08:10 AM »
While not going every day is normal for some, it sounds like you're a little backed up beyond most people.  Do you have enough fiber in your diet?  Try a fiber supplement and more fruits and vegetables. 

It's almost certainly not colon cancer.  You're right that the bleeding is probably due to the size of what you're passing, as is the cramping. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline mtroy388

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:54:35 AM »
While not going every day is normal for some, it sounds like you're a little backed up beyond most people.  Do you have enough fiber in your diet?  Try a fiber supplement and more fruits and vegetables. 

It's almost certainly not colon cancer.  You're right that the bleeding is probably due to the size of what you're passing, as is the cramping.

Thank you so much. I just feel relieved hearing someone saying it's not cancer. Haha. My HA sucks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:53:08 AM »
It sounds like you are suffering from massive constipation. That is most likely the cause of the cramps snd bleeding. I would try adding miralax to your daily routine for a couple weeks. My 2.5 yesr old is on it daily for extreme constipation too. What happens is since you have been constipated so long and going several days without a BM your colon actually stretches and becomes larger allowing it to hold more stool than it should which in return leads to constipation and several days with a BM. All this information came from my sons pediatrician but also goes for adults too. The miralax will help soften the stools and help shrink your colon back down to normal size. Fiber is good too however it can actually bulk stool making it even larger. If you increase fiber using fiber supplements you MUST drink a boat load of water to keep the stool soft. The chances of CC at your age is extremely rare with a genetic disposition. I suffered from a CC fear for a while because of blood on my stools. I was 26. I had a colonoscopy in April and I had 1 tiny polyp in my sigmoid colon along with internal hemmohoids. The polyp was removed and was completely benign with 0% cancer risk. It wouldn't  hurt seeing your GP to discuss the issue and get tips on how to fix this but a simple cap full of miralax is completely safe and effective.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mtroy388

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »
It sounds like you are suffering from massive constipation. That is most likely the cause of the cramps snd bleeding. I would try adding miralax to your daily routine for a couple weeks. My 2.5 yesr old is on it daily for extreme constipation too. What happens is since you have been constipated so long and going several days without a BM your colon actually stretches and becomes larger allowing it to hold more stool than it should which in return leads to constipation and several days with a BM. All this information came from my sons pediatrician but also goes for adults too. The miralax will help soften the stools and help shrink your colon back down to normal size. Fiber is good too however it can actually bulk stool making it even larger. If you increase fiber using fiber supplements you MUST drink a boat load of water to keep the stool soft. The chances of CC at your age is extremely rare with a genetic disposition. I suffered from a CC fear for a while because of blood on my stools. I was 26. I had a colonoscopy in April and I had 1 tiny polyp in my sigmoid colon along with internal hemmohoids. The polyp was removed and was completely benign with 0% cancer risk. It wouldn't  hurt seeing your GP to discuss the issue and get tips on how to fix this but a simple cap full of miralax is completely safe and effective.

Thank you so much. You're a sweet heart.  :happy0158:
Bookmark and Share

Offline LotusFish

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »
I agree with the above posts. Another cause of severe constipation is not enough water. If you donít drink that much water (and have too much sugar on top of that), you should definitely drink more. Get your 8 glasses in. I carry a CamelBak water bottle everywhere I go now and tell myself that I have to drink a minimum of 2.5 bottles a day (about 64 oz). Sometimes I only get in two but the days that I only have one is when I have issues.

You could also try a stool softener to help with your constipation but that still requires you to get plenty of water like the miralax. And like Lindsay2427 said, it never hurts to see a GP and get some tips that best suit your body and your lifestyle. Iíve just started seeing one and heís been great. Plus, you never have to worry about grossing them out. Lol

Good luck with everything!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: colon stool cancer