Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi. I'm new to the site. Hoping that it helps. Tried everything else....  (Read 64 times)

Offline SB624

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello fellow anxiety sufferers. I'm 24 years old and had my first panic attack a few years ago. Felt like I was going crazy and that there was something seriously wrong with me. Started having constant headaches on a daily basis and after numerous doctors and tests nothing showed up. So my doctor put me on some meds and referred me to a shrink who diagnosed me with GAD and just prescribed more meds. After a while these did begin to help, I also tried lessening my caffeine and other things that could trigger an attack. I slowly finally got off the meds about 6 months ago and everything was great for a while. But I had also just gotten out of a very miserable and stressful marriage, so that probably helped too.

But just a few weeks ago the severe anxiety and panic came back :(

It's like I forgot how awful feeling like this can be. I'm once again miserable and feel popping a Xanax is the only thing that can calm me down and help me concentrate at work. I don't wanna have to rely on those to feel better but at the moment it's the only thing that helps. It feels like I'm losing my mind. I'm actually usually a very positive and carefree person, but at this moment I feel mentally and physically exhausted. My whole body aches and I can't make these feelings go away.

I've never been on one of these message boards before, but I was hoping that maybe sharing would help. And knowing that I'm not the only one who feels like this makes me feel a little more at ease. Anyways, thanks for letting me share. And any thoughts or advice would be appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi SB624,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

The one bit of advice I can offer you at this point is to not be too hard on yourself for having the anxiety and panic again.  It is the nature of anxiety and panic to come back time and again.  We often fall into the trap of beating ourselves up when this happens or feeling like a failure but this is so far from the truth.  We are strong people often having been trying to be too strong for too long.  Accept that the setbacks happen and just work toward getting back to the better times.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: