Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scary Day Today  (Read 173 times)

Offline Tori2103

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • ~ Tori ~
    • Poke This Member
Scary Day Today
« on: June 18, 2014, 10:44:19 PM »
So early this morning I woke up to my back itching really bad. I used a back scratcher because it was in my mid-back, where I can't reach. It stopped itching and I went back to bed. I woke up to more itching, and decided to check in the mirror. I saw a large, red, swollen bug bite on my back. I freaked out (because I was bitten by a brown recluse last summer, and now every little bite freaks me out). I had my neighbor take a closer look for me and take a picture because I couldn't see it well. It has a small, clear blister in the middle of the red & swelling. I called my mom, who had no idea what it was. I decided to go to the doctor.

Fast forward to the afternoon at the doctor. First, the nurse could not record my blood pressure. She tried both arms, multiple times. She said my pulse was too quiet to hear. To give you a little background on this topic, I have had high blood pressure for the past 2 years. The nurse decided to have the doctor get my blood pressure when she got into the room. She took my temperature and I had 99.7, low grade fever.

Then the doctor came in. First, the doctor looked at my bite and told me that she doesn't know what bit me, but to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get any bigger. Then, she tried to get my blood pressure. She also had trouble. She tried both arms. Then she took a smaller cuff and got my blood pressure on my forearm. It was low, 95/56 or something. She asked me if I was dizzy or light headed. I told her I wasn't. She said she wasn't that worried about it, but for me to check it at home.

What a day for a person plagued with health anxiety.  :traurig001: :traurig001:

Anyone else have the issue with blood pressure being difficult to read/pulse being quiet?
Bookmark and Share
<3 Tori <3

AIM: Tori2103

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scary Day Today
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 11:25:26 PM »
No blood pressure issues but I have been bitten by something that caused a blister in the middle of a red spot. I popped the tiny blister. It itches like crazy and then healed. It's happened twice. Both tines in florida. I wouldn't worry about the bite, nor the blood pressure. Your hearts beating and you have zero symptoms of low blood pressure. Actually 95/60 isn't terribly low. Your blood pressure can change within minutes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:20:11 AM »
First of all, a fever is 100 degrees or higher and your blood pressure is good.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline Tori2103

Worried
  • ~ Tori ~
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »
Thank you for the reassurance, guys. I'm feeling better today. Still slight anxiety, but better than yesterday.
Bookmark and Share
<3 Tori <3

AIM: Tori2103

Offline qcd

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 03:24:55 PM »
You mentioned you had high blood pressure.  Could you have accidentally doubled up on your medication, causing a lower-than-normal BP reading?
Bookmark and Share
I am not a doctor.  Nothing I say is to be construed as medical advice.  If you feel you are sick you should seek out appropriate medical care.

Tags: