Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Sweating when I nap  (Read 149 times)

Offline Baldrick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sweating when I nap
« on: June 18, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »
So, sometimes after work I take a nap for an hour or two and very often when I wake up I notice that I've been sweating. Parts of my hair is damp and there are some wet patches on the sheets and pillow. Should I be worried about this?
I've had swollen lymph nodes for 7 years now so night sweats are a concern. However, I've not had a sweaty night for years now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Beth

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sweating when I nap
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:08:58 AM »
What's the temperature in the room where you nap? Is it too warm? There are times when I'm cold as I'm falling asleep, so I put on extra blankets. Then, when I wake up later, I'm too hot. Could be something as simple as that.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Baldrick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:29:48 AM »
What's the temperature in the room where you nap? Is it too warm? There are times when I'm cold as I'm falling asleep, so I put on extra blankets. Then, when I wake up later, I'm too hot. Could be something as simple as that.

It's just a normal temperature. I sometimes have the window open to keep it cool.
I've always been sweaty on my head though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 05:33:46 AM »
this just happened to me the other night, fell asleep really early around 7 pm then woke up soaked and sweat was rolling down my neck. I don't think it's anything to worry about if it is random or if you are a woman and it happens at certain times of the month (that is hormonal). What would be of concern is if you get it every night and you have weight loss around 10 lbs or more, along with other weird things like hyperhidrosis during the day and severe itching, now that would be concern. But just random night sweats are no big deal and either related to hormones or what you did that day, like did you exercise, or even, did you eat something spicy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baldrick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 12:38:14 PM »
this just happened to me the other night, fell asleep really early around 7 pm then woke up soaked and sweat was rolling down my neck. I don't think it's anything to worry about if it is random or if you are a woman and it happens at certain times of the month (that is hormonal). What would be of concern is if you get it every night and you have weight loss around 10 lbs or more, along with other weird things like hyperhidrosis during the day and severe itching, now that would be concern. But just random night sweats are no big deal and either related to hormones or what you did that day, like did you exercise, or even, did you eat something spicy.

Well, I'm not a woman  :P :laugh3: I'm 25 years old and have had swollen lymph nodes since I was 18/19.  I do sweat often during the day, but it's not drenching or anywhere close to that. Same with itching, i sometimes get a persistent itch, but it's never severe.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baldrick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 02:56:01 PM »
Just woke up from a nap. My pillowcase was damp..
This seemingly has been happening to me since I was a child.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: