Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Help with fear of brain parasite fear?  (Read 166 times)

Offline C0nfuzzled

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Help with fear of brain parasite fear?
« on: June 18, 2014, 08:23:34 PM »
Hi everyone i know this is stupid but i wanted to ask someone about this, this isnt a joke. I was just wondering is there any way that brain parasites can take over a human (i know they can) but i mean spread to like a bigger deal, for example a apocolypse of zombies. Im scared of this and i want to ask my bio teacher but i was wondering if there were any way if this could happen, please help really scared and concerned :p.

Please like its so bad sometimes i cant even walk around my own house, i dont want to see a therapist cuz my parents and friends might think its lame but please are there any advice im really scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Help with fear of brain parasite fear?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:16:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 05:42:20 AM »
Sometimes to make a fear go away you must confront it.  You must say what if? Fear only holds power over our lives bc we are afraid to think of the possibilities and outcomes. But the thing to remember is that this is only anxiety, maybe a little OCD, but still anxiety. It has no control over you, brain parasites will not be taking over the world. Breathe easy, have a little faith in humanity,bc just hypothetically speaking, if that were to happen (which it won't) ik we'd kick some zombie ass! Seriously though you may want to discuss these fears with a licensed professional just to get a professional perspective on it, but until then breathe easy, know that this will not happen that it's just a product of our overactive imagination/anxiety which always makes us question..What if

Peace and blessings
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline Dakkar

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 02:42:12 PM »
From personal experience I can say it's very hard to make logic control your fear. However that being said, knowledge is power.

If you're worried about a brain parasite epidemic that would make a mass population centre into something akin to zombies there are some things you can look up. I'd start with how the parasites are transmitted and once you have that it should give you an idea of how hard it would be to 'infect' others. There's always the timeline to take into consideration as well, how long does it take a parasite to 'take over' the host. TV shows and movies have it happen at a rate I don't think would be possible.
 Now look at the medical profession. How long would it take to discover an epidemic, what are the precautions they take, etc.

Finally, in the case of 'true zombies' you need to realize, without higher brain functions the human body is incapable of sustaining itself long term. Your brain stem is only capable of autonomic functions such as breathing, reflexes, etc. So while the brain dead would be physically alive, they wouldn't be walking or running anywhere (or trying to bite you).

Like I said, the facts will not necessarily stop the fear... But it will help you identify that it is in fact just a fear and not something that can actually happen. So when the fear is stirring just recall all the facts on why it (A Zombie Apocalypse) could never happen. I know it will be hard but try and keep your breathing calm, that will help you maintain a level of "cool" as you recite the reasons to yourself.
Bookmark and Share

Offline C0nfuzzled

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 10:43:16 AM »
You guys have been a huge help im slowly getting over it i know it wont happen (knock on wood) but just sometimes every now and then i get scared a couple months ago it was horror movies know its world epidemics im ok right know so ill just relax ive done some research and it has helped me i really appreciate it everyone thanks alot  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Tags: