Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hi, I'm new :)  (Read 61 times)

Offline musicgirl

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, I'm new :)
« on: June 18, 2014, 05:46:38 PM »
Hi everyone, I just found this forum and am glad I did....I have recently been diagnosed with anxiety and depression. The anxiety has developed over the past several months but the depression has been around for a longer while. I just never sought help because things would always get better. The symptoms of the anxiety have been scary for me, as I didn't know what was happening and was sure I had something seriously wrong with me. There have been several "bad" events in my life since December, the biggest of which is my mom being diagnosed with lymphoma and getting very sick. She's still sick with complications and in the hospital. My doctor finally put me on Zoloft when I went to him a third time for help. I am on a titrate dose, increasing every four days, so today is day two of 100 mgs. My limit will be 150. I also have Clonazepam as a sort of bridging med until the Zoloft kicks in fully. I feel a LOT better and don't get the really strange and weird feelings anymore, but there are days when I don't feel quite right and just want to lie down and do nothing. Anyone else feel like this? A few ppl have suggested that I may have PTSD due to the impact of my mom's illness. My mom and I very close, btw, so it's been extremely hard on me. So, that's me. I look forward to reading through the posts and meeting members who can relate and hopefully give insight. And maybe, I can help someone else too :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline princeofnothing

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, I'm new :)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:40:39 AM »
I know that feel. Was very close to my parents. Lost my dad last march and mom a few years earlier. Things havent been the same. Just make sure you give her your best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, I'm new :)
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 03:17:13 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags:

anything