Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How often do you go outside?  (Read 218 times)

Offline radiance_94

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How often do you go outside?
« on: June 18, 2014, 01:06:17 PM »
I feel better when I am outside doing something, or with other people, or just taking a walk. It's nice to be connected to the outside world. But when I am anxious and feeling depressed, it's so hard for me to go out. It takes alot of effort. I feel so lazy and it feels weird and I get a little scared that I wont be myself around others. Sometimes I cant tell if I want to go outside or I'm just forcing myself to.

How often do you guys go outside? Especially when you are feeling anxious/depressed. And what do you guys do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How often do you go outside?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 01:25:10 PM »
Heyy. Yes, I am the same way. When I'm outside I'll feel much better, I don't feel trapped and seeing other people kind of 'grounds' me. Im usually just sitting around the house waiting for something to come up lol. Yesterday I went up to a waterfall up in the mountains. That was fun but too much for me as I had lots of panic and came home with a massive headache. Usually I just go to my backyard and sit on my hammock or run errands for people, so lots of stores lol. On average I go outside for at least an hour or two but sometimes I'll be inside for days because of how bad my anxiety gets . definitely push yourself to go outside, because when I do it'll feel bad at first but in the long term I feel better than being inside all day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sionnach

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 04:11:52 PM »
Hi Radiance_94,

I suffer from depression and anxiety also. When I'm really not well I will stay in my house for weeks on end, usually just shuffling between my room, the bathroom and the kitchen. Not good at all! Like you said, going out seems like such an effort and it feels weird. When you're not feeling comfortable with yourself it's impossible to feel comfortable around other people.

When my anxiety is at an average level I try to go out at least once a week. I like to go for a walk or to a coffee shop. Sometimes interacting with strangers is easier than talking to people you now. A successful trip out gives me a sense of achievement. One positive step at a time.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 06:39:54 AM »
I have to go out daily. That coming from an agoraphobic is something else. Hate sitting in for the whole day. Like to get on my bike and go for a cycle.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:02:43 AM »
The outdoors is lovely, esp. at this time of the year. But sometimes just sinking in to the coziness of no pressures, the ease of staying in, are a relief.

But, of course, also a danger.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: outside 

anything