Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: hypoglycemic? diabetes?hoping someone can help i cant see doc til end of month  (Read 128 times)

Offline Trinity

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have been feeling bad at normal blood sugar levels, i bought a gluco meter so i could see what was happening and report it to my doc. but i cant see doc until end of month. my fastings have been between 67- 85
i woke up and my bs was 67, ive been feeling bad when bs is below 80.. well i had some oatmeal and decided to check every 15 mins so i can show doc 15 mins it went to 84, 30 mins 101, 45 mins 132, 1 hour 120, i feel really icky but arent my numbers normal? can anyone  with experience explain what could be happening?  i feel heart palps, very cold hands and feet clammy, anxious, feel lightheaded so ive been laying down allot i feel ill, unbalanced while walking like some unsteady feeling in my legs.. internal tremors jitterness and extreme irritability and out of it feelings. yes i do have anxiety. is this reactive hypoglycemia or diabetes?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Trinity

Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
also im 5'5" 110lbs so i am under weight although i was 108 so managed to gain 2 lbs somewhere.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've had fasting recordings as low as you are reporting, and my doctor told me they are perfectly fine. The increase is also natural, as eating does quite rapidly increase your levels. From what I can see, and from discussions with a doctor (I care, partially, for a diabetic relative and had to be up to date on my information), your levels seem perfectly fine. Of course that's just from the information I've been given, and everybody is different - apparently hypoglycemia is not even considered above a reading of 60 - so a doctors visit would be wise to ensure there's no problem. I wouldn't be worrying about it though.

I'd suggest, rather that your symptoms are possibly caused by anxiety - every single one of them is a potential symptom of it, and I've experienced them all personally. It sounds like you're concerned about your weight, and that may be fueling the symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Naw I dnt think you have diabetes. My sister had hypo once for whatever reason but it was a one time thing. She freaked out lol. I tthink its a mix of stress,anxiety and maybe an unbalanced doet.

At my most stressed and anxious time I developed cold feet that turn blue. Man I jate anxiety
Bookmark and Share

Offline Trinity

Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
thanks for the replies guys, I definitely am highly anxious. i was feeling bad and took my bs again it was 66 so i dont know what the deal is with that, hoping to see a dietitian or nutritionist so i can get better eating habits. i just feel so icky. I have a psych appointment tomorrow to discuss meds and im a med phobic so this will be great lol something else for me to stress about. hoping to get a doc appointment tomorrow also at the risk of doc saying its just my anxiety. better safe then sorry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Stop checking your blood sugar.  Throw the meter away.  Make the appointment to see your doctor, eat balanced meals and try not to obsess. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trinity what did the Dr say yesterday ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Trinity

Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Doc said I am having hypoglycemic reactions but im not truly hypoglycemic.. to eat every 2-3 lots of snacks, carbs with protein. that i shouldn't get to the point of fainting or siezure (although she seemed uncertain lol) she said that i should be ok if i was stuck at a place with no food for 4 hours but that i will feel bad from the hypo reaction but i wont die or anything. she said when my body finds balance it should straighten back out, whether that be more weight gain or better diet idk. i do know that i forgot to ask about the meter.. i guess they have a -/+ 10-20 point range that they can be off. so if im hitting 66 i could be 56 or even 46. if im hitting 80 when im feeling bad it could be 60.. it really sucks that she couldnt help me. i feel spacey much of the day definitely food related and get very few breaks where i feel like me with mental clarity after eating. although the intense shakiness and jitterness goes right away after eating. i was so dizzy and agitated i ended up head in hands crouched down on the ground. im underweight but eating more and more hoping this will go away.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: