Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: New to anxiety/depression...  (Read 90 times)

Offline kms89

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New to anxiety/depression...
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:43:13 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Kaylee and I'm 24.

I wouldn't REALLY say I'm new to depression, because I've always felt a little "down" most of my life. About 4 to 5 months ago, I moved in with my boyfriend of 5 years. We moved into his mother's house because she is out of the country. We don't pay any "rent" but are responsible for utilities and groceries. Moving out after living with my grandmother since I was born totally destroyed me. I cried for 3 weeks straight and missed home so much I could barely stand it. Eventually, things got better, and I learned to cope. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago, my car crapped out and I was put in a difficult decision of needing a car now. With my grandmothers help and encouragement, I stupidly and regrettably bought a brand new car. Now, I can not function. For 3 weeks I have been completely and totally inconsolable. I cry constantly, can't sleep, can't eat, have 5 to 6 anxiety attacks daily and when I do manage to get a small amount of sleep I wake up and immediately run to the bathroom to vomit and start sobbing. I sought help from my primary care doctor and she put me on Zoloft 2 weeks ago this Friday. I know the medicine hasn't had enough time to help at this point, but I am completely nonfunctioning. I can barely go to work.

I want to go home to my grandma's as it is the only place I don't seem to be completely miserable, but doing so leaves my boyfriend here to pay all the bills in an already tight financial situation. My 19 year old brother also lives with my grandmother and his girlfriend is pregnant, so that will be a full house soon.

I wish I never moved out. I wish I never bought that car. But now, since there's not much I can do about the car without losing $5,000 dollars and then having no transportation, I don't have much of a choice in that. My boyfriend says he supports whatever I need to do to make myself better, but I know that leaving will leave him in a bad situation, and put strain on our relationship.

I don't know what to do, but I know I can't carry on like this much longer.

Help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bluerose

• Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New to anxiety/depression...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:10:51 AM »
It sounds like you're having separation anxiety from your grandmother.  But when we mature we usually move out of the nest.  It might be wise to seek out some counseling for the overwhelming feelings you're having.  Also do give the medicine a fair shake to see if it helps.  Being on your own can be stressful but also rewarding.  And you're not living alone, you're sharing the house with your boyfriend.  If you have a good relationship with him his company should be a comfort. 
Bookmark and Share
You wanted justice, but there was none, only love.

Tags: