Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Kidney pains coming in waves  (Read 79 times)

Offline Niugi

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Kidney pains coming in waves
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:37:54 AM »
Im getting these Kidney pains that are coming & going (Like Waves) but nothing to extremely painful. I really don't know if this Anxiety related or something serious. Has anybody else had this?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Poke This Member
Re: Kidney pains coming in waves
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:52:22 PM »
I had back pain that was sometimes pretty bad because I was terrified that I had PC.

Guess what? It was all in my head. As soon as I realized that I went away in a matter of weeks.
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:54:01 PM »
How are you sure it's kidney pain?  Muscular back pain is so incredibly common. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Maryjo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 11:55:34 PM »
I had half of my kidney removed in April. I complained of back pain (severe) that went down my leg. I was also pregnant at the time but they said it was a muscle. Finally after several trips to emergency and me not peeing for over 24 hours they did an ultrasound and found that I had severe hydronophrosis. It was a mess, I had to have a surgery to have a nophrostomy tube put in then many months later they found that I had a very RARE kidney disorder where my kidney floats. It caused my ureter to kink and lots of scar tissue then I had major surgery. In the months that I battled kidney problems I had every infection that they tested for because of the tube and kidney stones. I can assure you if there's anything serious with your kidney's you'd have severe pain and blood in your urine. It never hurts to go to the doctor if it keeps persisting.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 11:33:35 AM »
When I read the original post my mind immediately went to kidney stones, as the pain of a passing kidney stone comes in waves.  However, kidney stone pain is extremely severe to the point of vomiting.  I know as I've passed a number of them, the most recent in March was 4mm.
I also had surgery on May 21 for the removal of a 1 inch small golf ball sized stone from my left kidney I did not even know was there as it gave me no pain whatsoever.
Usually with kidney stones in addition to the pain you would have other symptoms.  Mine was dark brown urine that contained blood on analysis. 
So, I'm inclined to believe your pain is not kidney, but probably just muscle.  My best to you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: