Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Something tested positive from my episcopy , I'm so upset please read  (Read 190 times)

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So after my stomach bug a month ago , I started getting acid reflux , and the office told me today that I have mild inflammation on my esophagus..... Holly cow I've never had a positive anything . What does this mean do I have chronic acid reflux or GERD will it not get better ? She said med takes about 2 weeks to kick in and about 8 weeks to heal , well it's been almost 2 weeks on med I'm still getting the heartburn and sour taste in my mouth WHAT if this " awesome " med doesn't work and now I'm gonna have this chronic illness to deal with ? I'm so scared :( 
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
it's a 'mild inflammation', nothing whatever to worry about. It's very common for your esophagus to become inflamed after a bout of Acid reflux, and it's far from serious. Give your meds another weak or so to help, and if there's been nothing then go back to see your doc. You might need something stronger. It's nothing to be fretting about though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you I'm so stinkin scared I REALLY don't want to turn this into a google fest I'm just worried it will always hurt and nothing will help it , and they said I shouldn't drink coffee whaaaaa
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yeah, coffee is a big no-no I'm afraid! :( Trust to your doctor though - they know the best ways to  handle treatments. There are others things they can do to help you, if the first one doesn't work out, so don't be worrying about it just yet!
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have the same thing. I get GERD on and off.... I take omeprazole for it. avoid coffee, spicy foods, citrus juices/fruits, tomato sauce, greasy foods. Good luck, it's really not big deal! :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline loveya14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
If u take the med do u still get symptoms while on the med ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Some of the symptoms, yeah. meds normally kill the heartburn pretty quick, but gassiness, throat ache and tightness, stomach ache all last sometimes as long as a month after starting to take them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So once the meds kick in I should be better ? None of this ever happend to me before my the stomach virus I had 1 month ago
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
exactly. The medications are typically designed to lower the amount of acid in your stomach. This means less to use for digestion, an hopefully none to 'throw up' your throat. They will take a bit of time, however :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: