Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: health anxiety--back with a vengeance. help!!  (Read 71 times)

Offline Jenin

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
health anxiety--back with a vengeance. help!!
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:47:40 PM »
I thought I had kicked my health anxiety a couple of months ago, and had a period of relative calm.  But now it has reared its ugly head again and is worse than ever.  i have had very little appetite the last week or so, and my stomach feels almost tight or bloated--not really sure how to describe it.  the last two nights I tossed and turned for hours, convinced I had some type of cancer (still am).  I was having some pain too where I think my ovaries are, and I thought maybe it's ovarian cancer because I know that causes bloating and loss of appetite.  both nights I basically had anxiety attacks where I stopped being able to breath.  I even had to call into work today because after no sleep for two nights + the anxiety I felt I couldn't sit in my office for the day.

I am having some personal issues in my life relationship-wise.  Also, later today I have an appointment with my oncologist.  I do not nor have ever had cancer, but I am BRCA2 positive so I see her every 6 months to make sure everything is ok.  I usually get pretty nervous before seeing her that something is going to turn up.  Although I know it's possible these things are causing the anxiety and the symptoms, they feel so severe and so real that I can't make myself believe that.
Bookmark and Share
Jenin

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: health anxiety--back with a vengeance. help!!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 02:00:09 PM »
Good luck and talk to your oncologist about your symptoms.... what's BRCA2?
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Jenin

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: health anxiety--back with a vengeance. help!!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 02:28:24 PM »
BRCA 2 is the gene that gives a higher risk of breast cancer.  it's not quite as bad as BRCA1, but carries about a 60% lifetime risk of breast cancer and somewhat elevated risk of ovarian cancer (though I was told that my risk of ovarian cancer is still extremely low until I'm older -- but of course I worry about it)
Bookmark and Share
Jenin

Tags: