Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New and want confirmation I'm not alone  (Read 107 times)

Offline healthworrier24

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New and want confirmation I'm not alone
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:09:00 PM »
So for the last month or so I feel like I'm falling apart. I'm a 28 year old female. Last month I started having really bad stomach pains and an acidic stomach. I had had it a week and felt a lump in my left lower stomach area. So I went to urgent care and was told its gastrointestial issues. They gave me Protonics to take and took a stomach xray. I get a call the next day that they found spots on my intestines and I needed a CT scan. Immediately I went to the ER and got a CT scan and blood work and a urinalysis. Everything came back clear. I was told I just have gastro issues and to take my meds. About a week later I felt much better and everything seemed fine. About a week ago I started to have heart palps, feelings of a heavy chest and pain in my under arms coming and going. Then I lost my appetite and have the heavy feeling in my stomach like my food isnt digesting and sometimes I feel it in my throat like its sitting. I started taking my Protonics again and its been 6 days. I'm barely eating anything from lack of appetite and am not feeling any better. I went to the doctor yesterday and they took more blood. I discussed my heart issues and she did an EKG. All showed normal. I didnt mention the stomach issues because I didnt really realize it until today how much its bothering me. I read online that I could have low acid in my stomach so I dont know if I'm treating myself right or if something is wrong with my stomach digestion. I just feel like something is off and with the doctor bills piling up I cant afford to keep going back. They are going to do a 24 hour heart monitor on me so I may ask then about the acid of my stomach. I did come off birth control end of April so maybe its hormonal? Anyone able to help or offer advice. I'm really scared and everyone around me judges me for all my fear.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and want confirmation I'm not alone
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 02:25:18 PM »
Hi healthworrier,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

In reading your post I noticed that you mentioned looking online and thinking you may have low acid.  Here is the thing.  The internet does not know you.  They have not seen you, heard your symptoms, tested and seen the results.  Looking and trusting the internet over your doctors is always a recipe for disaster.  First the internet will give you the worst case scenario.  Additionally you never know the source of the information.  It could just be another person making speculations etc.  Talk things out with your doctor.  Ask all the questions you have.  Be your own health advocate, but once you have ruled things out trust your doctors and accept that you are ok.  Acceptance is the one thing that will help you find some relief.  I hope this helps.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Tal

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New and want confirmation I'm not alone
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 02:56:03 PM »
Hi,

Welcome to Anxiety Zone. You are not alone. There are many many anxiety sufferers just like you with the same symptoms.

Glad you had the CT scan done and the EKG and now you need to focus on improving your anxiety symptoms by relaxation techniques, therapy or medication. It is very normal to lose appetite and sleep with anxiety and all will get better when your anxiety diminishes. I am 47 yrs old female with HA most of my life. I now have more of good days than bad ones, due to self motivation and lexapro(anti anxiety med).

Please join us in the AZ chatroom. You will find many kind and supportive folks who can relate to your situation.

Best regards,
Tal
Bookmark and Share

Tags: