Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Weak hands-HELP!  (Read 134 times)

Offline amyjeannie

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weak hands-HELP!
« on: June 17, 2014, 09:46:45 AM »
Anybody else have the feeling of your hands being weak? It's only my right one and it's freaking me out! It pretty much works just fine but it feels weird and it kind of shakes a little.  Worried about a brain tumor! Help!
Bookmark and Share
Philippians 4:4-9

Offline sixpack

• Rec's: 195
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weak hands-HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 10:30:29 AM »
what you are describing is from your body reacting physically to your emotional mindset.  this is not a brain tumor.

brain tumors don't make a hand 'feel weird' and yet work fine. 

what is your understanding of how the brain reacts to a tumor?  As I told you in an earlier posting of yours, I have known 7 or 8 people with tumors--firsthand or secondhand.  two of whom were my dad and sister.  so I've seen this stuff up close and personal.

what is your understanding of anxiety disorders and how they affect the body?  I know I posted that HUGE list of common anxiety symptoms and weird sensory issues with body parts are common with anxiety.  I certainly have had them.  Do you know why a body reacts physically to stress and/or anxious over thinking?  I am sure you don't want to feel this way.  It truly sucks.

what are you doing daily to work on your anxious over thinking?  what is working?  what isn't?  what are you willing to do to find your healing path?   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state. 

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »
Okay sixpack, I thank you for helping but I really need to know two things:

1. Did all the people you knew that had brain tumors pass away?

2. What if you're having trouble with your hands? Like mine have been randomly losing the grip off things and it feels weak and weird all the time. I'm freaking out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 03:31:07 PM »
my father's brain tumor was malignant tumor in his right temporal lobe.  He died almost a year to the day that he was diagnosed.

a 3yr old little girl (sister to some neighborhood kids when I was  kid) was born with a brain stem tumor.  She died.

My kids' preschool teacher lost her 14yr old to a brain stem tumor.

My sister had a benign menigioma the size of a baseball removed from her frontal lobe in 2008.  She is doing very well, except she does have some slight balance issues from either the tumor being there so long or from the surgeon poking around.

My neighbor's grandson had a tumor removed at about age three. He has a genetic syndrome and likely was born  with it.  He is 6 or 7 now.

Another neighbor's brother, in his early 60's, had a glioblastoma.  He passed away.

One of my high school classmates was dx'd with a glioblastoma about 3yrs ago.  His treatment plan has greatly reduced his tumor.  He is, last I heard, doing well.

Brain tumors can be scary for sure.  HOWEVER YOU DON'T HAVE ONE  You have an anxiety disorder causing your symptoms.  Stress/anxiety are not innocuous.  They cause REAL symptoms.   

AND losing your grip?  yeah happened to me.  When I get wiggy, my arm or hand or leg or ____ can feel like that for weeks at a time.  It is the result of  amped up nerves and over production of adrenaline coursing through the body.   As long as you stay in this heightened anxiety state YOU ARE GOING to have freaky arsed symptoms. 

What controls your body?  Your brain.  What do you think happens when a brain is highly stressed?  It starts reacting.  which, in turn, sends out panicky signals, via the nervous system. The endocrine system starts the fight/flight response ---cue adrenaline/cortisol---  What happens is your body reacts like a guy with the knife on that lonely street starts chasing you.  Needing the fight/flight response is great for getting away from the bad guy.  it gives you the burst of energy, heightens your senses etc.   Unfortunately when your mind gets continually stressed--it thinks you are always in danger.  your nervous system continues getting panic signals from the brain.  the body reacts in kind.  Bottom line the body is stuck in over reaction mode.  That is TOUGH on the body. That is when you start getting all kinds of physical symptoms.   The amped up/anxious brain falsely interprets all of this.  Then the cascade of fight/flight starts again.  How does one break that cycle?  That is the million dollar question, isn't it?  It isn't do 1,2,3 and you are done.  it is a long term process.  it can take you months to start to see some progress.

First thing you have to do, is take a leap of faith that what i am telling you is not a load of crap.    :winking0008:       
You have to stop googling symptoms.  You have to stop monitoring your body for symptoms.  You have to stop seeking reassurance.  You have to start getting outside of your head.  I talked a lot about that stuff in those links I posted on your other thread.  In the end no one can make you better.  It is you who has to fix it.  Damned vexing, I know.  And believe it or not I was where you are now a few years back.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state. 

Offline sixpack

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 03:43:00 PM »
Again, Amy,  I know you are scared.  I know with every fiber of your being you can NOT believe anxiety can impact your body in so many ways.  I do, I promise, I get it.  Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.   Don't underestimate what stress/anxiety can do to your body.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 05:41:47 PM »
Okay so I started to feel a little better but I have one more question, what about my leg? It's feeling strange and weak as well and also I have been stumbling over my words a lot! Like, almost everytime I talk and it's creeping me out!
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 07:00:03 PM »
When you're anxious your body pools blood from non-vitals (limbs). You have a feeling of weakness because you're experiencing less blood-flow to the region.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline sixpack

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2014, 07:35:51 PM »
When you're anxious your body pools blood from non-vitals (limbs). You have a feeling of weakness because you're experiencing less blood-flow to the region.

that AND  a body flushed with endless supply of whacky signals from the brain and adrenaline is going to wear a body out.  then add a brain that interprets things catastrophically and you can build up quite a scary story in your mind.  a story that really is not based in reality. 

You still don't have a brain tumor.
Bookmark and Share

Offline amyjeannie

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
Okay so please help me get this straight....I'm almost to the point where I'm calm. The only reason I'm not is because my symptoms are getting stronger. Are you to trying to tell me that you are 100% sure that I don't have a brain tumor? Remember my symptoms:
•ringing in ears
•hand weakness
•tingling
•cloudy vision
•headaches (mostly pressure in a localized spot)
•having a difficult time remembering things(kind of)
•hand feels hot
•mumbling over my words

NOW do you see why I'm freaking out?!?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2014, 09:15:20 PM »
all of those things, each and every one are on that huge list of anxiety symptoms I posted to you on your other thread.

do I see why you are freaked out?  honestly your list was shorter and less scary than my list was back in the day.

what I do understand is that you have gotten yourself caught up in the fear cycle.  It is an endless loop.  Basically stress/anxiety caused physical symptoms.  your brain, being stressed, interpreted this incorrectly as a horrific disease, this caused more anxious over thinking which caused, more symptoms etc, etc.  in essence you are chasing yourself around a tree and getting nothing but dizzy. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 09:24:27 PM »
all of those things, each and every one are on that huge list of anxiety symptoms I posted to you on your other thread.

do I see why you are freaked out?  honestly your list was shorter and less scary than my list was back in the day.

I can relate to this presently. These perceptions and paresthesias you're experiencing are rather ordinary in the world of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Tags: