Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Another rabies scare  (Read 175 times)

Offline 247alldayanxious

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Another rabies scare
« on: June 17, 2014, 03:21:45 AM »
I have had rabies phobia for MONTHS now and it is driving me crazy. I barely even touch my pets anymore and am not even comfortable in my own home since I hear bats outside flying around every now and then. I sometimes mistake other birds as bats.

And now I have another scare and I can't sit still! Please put my mind in ease, please.

When I woke up today, I saw three marks on my arm. One is on my arm, it's a really small red dot and the other two are near my wrist. They are so close together and are very small. They're not even a cm apart. They're just that close with each other. I measured. Here is a photo of the one on my wrist: http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/Jason073/media/IMG_2401_zps807e139d.jpg.html

When I first saw my marks and all I thought of was: rabies, bats, rabies, bats, rabies, you're gonna die.  :( :( :(

When our maid saw my marks, they said it was mosquito bites or even bed bugs since my bed is more than 10 years old.

It was impossible for bats to get in since my windows are always shut AND if they are ever opened, all our windows have window screens. My doors are always shut, we have no small or big holes on walls or ceilings. I live with my parents and our maid and they said they haven't seen or heard a bat get into our house at all. I have been looking for any openings inside my room and there is absolutely no way but I am so worried, I was crying for an hour or more when I saw my marks.

Please help me ease this worry, this phobia. It would mean so much. I suffer from this phobia (and a whole lot of other phobias), anxiety and OCD. I won't have rabies right? I can't stop thinking about it. This constant worry of rabies for months is wearing me out.
Bookmark and Share

Online totallyphobic

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Another rabies scare
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 05:29:27 PM »
Hi anxious

Please see my answer to your post started by fallofasparrow I can promise you that you are fine. How do I know? I have been there and done it exactly as you have described.
Bookmark and Share