Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Psychosis/Schizophrenia Fear  (Read 104 times)

Offline Anth

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Psychosis/Schizophrenia Fear
« on: June 17, 2014, 01:25:31 AM »
Two years ago I was diagnosed with anxiety and ocd and lately I have been experiencing serve anxiety about losing my mind and developing schizophrenia/psychosis. This all started as one of my mates were diagnosed with drug-induced psychosis recently this has made me look more into the illness making me extremely scared. I have smoked weed and done mdma, and the last time i done mdma i had an anxiety attack on it. This is another worry i have due to my anxiety/ocd  which convinced myself that the way i feel now is due to the mdma i took and i am stuck in a trip which isn't possible with mdma.  I am still functioning normally and have a strong family/social life so it is very unlikely that the experience with mdma done too much damage (even if damage was done)

To be honest i am really scared and i have become obsessed with the symptoms of schizophrenia/psychosis. Due to this i now think of the symptoms and think 'what if' and lately i have been thinking 'what if' people are after me or the government is watching me. I know this is not true but just the thought of thinking that really scares me. Also every sound i hear i make sure it isn't a voice by checking my surroundings but because of this its hard to distinguish between the sound i hear my mind presumes it is a voice.  No one in my family has any mental illnesses relating to psychosis or schizophrenia and the majority of my family have anxiety and ocd issues. Is there anyone who can reassure me i am not crazy and know if the drug done any damage? Thank you it will be much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kavenchols

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Psychosis/Schizophrenia Fear
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2014, 03:47:37 AM »
Therefore it is important to differentiate between your thoughts and the actual perception of hearing somebody or something talk to you when there is nobody there. The question to ask yourself is the following: Are you hearing voices when there is not anybody or anything around you that has produced that voice? If the answer is no, then you are most probably not having auditory hallucinations.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:59:10 PM »
Its common with anxiety to worry "what if" this turns into something worse like schizo.  From everything I've read they're two separate things and don't worry. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline e77

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 01:30:30 PM »
I have experienced drug induced panic and psychotic like symptoms( drugs triggered the scary symptoms and sensations).  Once you get sensitized to the frightening thoughts and sensations they are amplified and it takes some time to calm down again.  You are not crazy but rather sensitized to anxiety/panic sensations.  Best to work on a program to manage the sensations/symptoms and stay away from the weed and MDMA.  Take care
Bookmark and Share

Tags: