Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Read CT results..need interpretation  (Read 223 times)

Offline Joey8924

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Read CT results..need interpretation
« on: June 16, 2014, 11:45:28 PM »
Ok so I had a CT over a month ago and a biopsy after that on a lymph node that was enlarged and rock hard. It had remained the same size for over a year which was 1cm. Normally that size is within normal lymph node range. I met with my doctor before the biopsy to go over the CT results. He didn't give me a copy of them and when I was waiting for the receptionist to get off the phone and give me a follow up appointment I saw the results in the folder on the counter so I took a picture of them with my phone real quick. Probably shouldn't have but my paranoia kicked in and I had to know everything that was on the paper.

So something that stands out to me is "at the level of palpable concern, there is one lymph node which is about 1cm. However, there is low level density centrally. This is concerning for a pathologic lymph node despite its size." I'm not sure what all of this means. What does low level density centrally mean? What does pathologic lymph node mean? As I said, I had the biopsy as well and the results came back negative. The lymph node actually shrunk after the biopsy was performed which I've read that cancer wouldn't shrink no matter what. The reason why these results are bothering me in hindsight is that the lymph node seems to slowly be growing again. It's not quite 1cm yet, but it definitely seems bigger than it was after the biopsy so now I'm wondering if something is still wrong. Any knowledge or advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Read CT results..need interpretation
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 11:59:21 PM »
Not sure about the central part. Im guessing it's not very dense. But the pathology means it's different from what's normal.

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong they just wanna make sure it isn't disease

I think you'll be fine, will be praying for you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 27
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2014, 12:18:35 AM »
If you could diagnose a lymph node with a CT there would be no need for a biopsy.  The biopsy came back clean...you are good.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 12:34:21 AM »
Good point. That's what I keep telling myself. Only problem is I overheard a few ppl talking in the hospital about needle biopsies and how they aren't as accurate. So of course that had me concerned as well. It's so frustrating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2014, 07:08:36 AM »
Good point. That's what I keep telling myself. Only problem is I overheard a few ppl talking in the hospital about needle biopsies and how they aren't as accurate. So of course that had me concerned as well. It's so frustrating.

There is some truth to that.  Removal is gold standard.  With that said a needle biopsy is medically sound and accurate.  The size, and the lack of growth over a significant period of time supports the needle biopsy results.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2014, 11:12:21 PM »
Thanks Shawn. Your simple words of knowledge have actually given me some peace of mind. I just need to breathe. I should have been telling myself what you told me all along.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »
Not a problem Joey, glad I could help.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: