Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Colonoscopy - Would you cancel?  (Read 584 times)

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Colonoscopy - Would you cancel?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2014, 11:37:12 AM »
Do it for piece of mind. I swear you will return to a normal life after it's done. Well at least I hope you do. I thought I would until other HA issues creeped back in but that's just my nature.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 239
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
no ha person should do medical testing for 'peace of mind'.  it doesn't work.  all a HA person does is either doubt the medical test---find some sort of flaw in the test or the doctor got it wrong--- OR the ha person simply moves onto a new disease fear not covered by the test.  THAT is the nature of this thinking disorder.  It is part of the endless reassurance cycle. 
As Flguy was fond of saying AND he was spot on as always  - LASTING solace will not be found in an MRI tube, will not be found under a CT scan machine, will not be found by a sonogram, will not be found with another EKG, will not be found by giving another vial of blood, etc.   

Any time we try to address our anxious over thinking through reassurance, IMO, it is doomed to fail.

so whether you have the colonoscopy or not is up to you, but don't expect that you will have solved HA long term or maybe even short term.   
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline LotusFish

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2014, 04:35:49 PM »
no ha person should do medical testing for 'peace of mind'.  it doesn't work.  all a HA person does is either doubt the medical test---find some sort of flaw in the test or the doctor got it wrong--- OR the ha person simply moves onto a new disease fear not covered by the test.  THAT is the nature of this thinking disorder.  It is part of the endless reassurance cycle. 
As Flguy was fond of saying AND he was spot on as always  - LASTING solace will not be found in an MRI tube, will not be found under a CT scan machine, will not be found by a sonogram, will not be found with another EKG, will not be found by giving another vial of blood, etc.   

Any time we try to address our anxious over thinking through reassurance, IMO, it is doomed to fail.

so whether you have the colonoscopy or not is up to you, but don't expect that you will have solved HA long term or maybe even short term.

I think that this is why I feel so conflicted. No one can make this decision for me but I have my reasons for going either way.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: