Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: IBS and other Odd Symptoms  (Read 278 times)

Offline ManuelSol1030

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
IBS and other Odd Symptoms
« on: June 16, 2014, 04:10:38 PM »
Hi i was a member here a long time ago now im back because of the worry and stress i have over these really annoying and odd symptoms. Recently i had a family member pass away and it was very stressful because i was very close to her. Coming to the viewing and funeral was much harder and it made my anxiety go hectic. The recent saturday i noticed (tmi) i was straining to go number 2. And when i did i had pain and discomfort after. My stools come out normal or thin at times, i have a habit of not drinking water often so i think that could be a factor in this. Today there is a slight difference in the discomfort (meaning in a good way). Its been since then and it has gotten slightly better. And i do have IBS and i think its because im consitpated (tmi) i have a habit when i get alot of anxiety or become depressed my digestive system goes haywire. So i have been tested so much and everything has been ruled out and the diagnosis is anxiety and stress. Im 17 and much more worried for my future. If anyone has had this please tell me how long it took to go away and what other stratigies you used or did to get rid of it. I keep over thinking things i shouldnt.
Bookmark and Share

Offline danimal_44

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Re: IBS and other Odd Symptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 09:14:52 PM »
Hey Manuel,

I developed IBS and anxiety together a couple of years ago. Mine is a constant issue. You do want to make sure to drink fluids, but that really hasn't helped me. I feel better and have bowel movements when I am in a quiet place and am resting. I have also noticed a connection to my thoughts. I think that my brain is in hyper drive, causing anxiety and IBS. I'm about to go to the dr to see about some meds. My sister has the same issue and she just went on Zoloft and said that it helps a lot. Good luck.

P.S. I get relief from relaxing youtube videos and from watching slow, relaxing nature shows etc.
Bookmark and Share
Stop fighting and start relaxing.

Offline ManuelSol1030

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: IBS and other Odd Symptoms
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 03:48:14 PM »
Hey Manuel,

I developed IBS and anxiety together a couple of years ago. Mine is a constant issue. You do want to make sure to drink fluids, but that really hasn't helped me. I feel better and have bowel movements when I am in a quiet place and am resting. I have also noticed a connection to my thoughts. I think that my brain is in hyper drive, causing anxiety and IBS. I'm about to go to the dr to see about some meds. My sister has the same issue and she just went on Zoloft and said that it helps a lot. Good luck.

P.S. I get relief from relaxing youtube videos and from watching slow, relaxing nature shows etc.

Hi, Thank you it took off some stress and worry off my shoulders. Last saturday i had strained (tmi) and i think i got a hemorroid or an anal fissure because it feels uncomfortable down there. And like sometimes i find bright small streaks of blood. And too this has happend to me before but ibs Causes Stool Color to change doesnt it? Because ive had Dark stools before or like orange red Stools. That has been one of my worries too
Bookmark and Share

Tags: