Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: CBT Therapy  (Read 95 times)

Offline sarahjxde

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
CBT Therapy
« on: June 16, 2014, 12:36:21 PM »
So I've been seeing this therapist for a while now because i have anxiety and a dizziness/fainting phobia, but all we do is talk and I feel that it is not helping me. I am looking into CBT and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with it?

Also, I just talked to a psychiatrist today and I told her that I was on Prozac and she said that might not work for me because thats more for depression and OCD and can cause extra anxiety. Is that true?
Bookmark and Share

Online insights

• Rec's: 103
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: CBT Therapy
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 06:01:54 PM »
So I've been seeing this therapist for a while now because i have anxiety and a dizziness/fainting phobia, but all we do is talk and I feel that it is not helping me. I am looking into CBT and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with it?

CBT is exactly what you need. It is about devising and working on strategies to deal with your anxiety, not endlessly chewing the fat.

Also, I just talked to a psychiatrist today and I told her that I was on Prozac and she said that might not work for me because thats more for depression and OCD and can cause extra anxiety. Is that true?

Prozac is the most stimulating SSRI which can be extra useful for depression, but this doesn't necessarily mean it is not a good med for anxiety. No antidepressant is intrinsically any better than the others, either generally or for a particular disorder, however, one or two may be for an individual. If Prozac is working well for you then stick with it, if not there are many other antidepressants you can try.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline sarahjxde

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: CBT Therapy
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm excited to try CBT to help me improve. I've only been on the prozac for a little bit so I'll continue and see what happens.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: