Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How long have you had Shortness of Breath  (Read 134 times)

Online park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How long have you had Shortness of Breath
« on: June 16, 2014, 06:45:17 AM »
I've been experiencing, on and off, shortness of breath and awareness of my breathing. This has been going on for 3-4 months. My doctor thinks it's allergies/asthma and gave me an inhaler...I don't feel that the inhaler works and I'm convinced that it's lung cancer because of soe leg pain and tingling. I know it's not a clot because I have a clear chest xray and 2 negative d dimers in December. I use to have asthma but it went away for years and now I feel like it's back with a vengeance....my husband thinks it's all anxiety...

So my question is, how long have you had Shortness of breath or hyper awareness of breathing?
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How long have you had Shortness of Breath
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
I have the same things as you actually.... the SOB but I am not sure if its that or more aware of my breathing.... sometimes it feels like the air that I breat is not satisfying.... if I think about my breath going up the steps I feel like I am getting SOB.... but when I go up the steps and I think about something then later I realized I didn't get SOB.... I am constantly thinking of my breath which makes it worse....
I also have tingling in my feet and hands.... I don't think I have lung cancer... didn't even occur to me... I don't fear it. If you had a chest x-ray and your doctor told you you are ok, well then you are ok. It's all anxiety!!!!!!

Good luck!c :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Online park682

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 07:48:43 PM »
Thanks for the input! It jut annoys me, I wish I knew what this was Exectly! I feel like 4 months of this is scary....I hate the not knowing! Yes I had some clear things but all I read about is people being diagnosed with anxiety and it's lung cancer. I know that I should just suck it up and listen to my doctor but it's just so scary. And this shortness of breath has me confinced I'm dying
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2014, 05:25:57 AM »
Oh my goodness, story of my life. I get it all the time, and when I do get get it it lasts for days! I also have asthmas, so its very difficult to tell the difference between anxiety sob and asthma. It also occurs more when my anxiety/stress level is elevated, then I become more aware of the symptom. Ughhh I feel your pain. But try some breathing techniques, and keep up with your asthma and allergy meds to tackle both. Goof luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: