Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ecstasy on mri?  (Read 131 times)

Online chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
ecstasy on mri?
« on: June 16, 2014, 12:09:28 AM »
So im planning on getting an mri for my fear of ms and bt. I used ecstasy in the past (stupid, i know), probably took 10 pills in 2 year span. My last one was in 2012. If i got an mri, would it show the effects it left in my brain? Like holes or lesions
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ecstasy on mri?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 12:57:01 AM »
Well I think you would only have lesions if it actually were ms or bt, but don't quote me on that. As far as seeing the effects, studies show a slight shrinkage for those who are long term users. As far as what would constitute as a long term user, I'm not too sure. Why are you worried about this? Are you still living with parents and afraid they might find out? Or are you afraid if it does make the brain look different that the doctor might misinterpret the MRI for something that is an illness as opposed to something caused by drug use?
Bookmark and Share

Online chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 01:00:55 AM »
Im worried about both. Im not really a long term user since ive only took it on 6 different occasions within 2 years but idk if taking short term would show on the mri
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2014, 01:05:39 AM »
If there was a difference in the way your brain looked from that few times of taking it I feel like it would be such an insignificant change that the doctor would just attribute it to the differences that one brain would look from another.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything