Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hello, I'm new to this kind of thing  (Read 59 times)

Offline TheWoundedEagle

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello, I'm new to this kind of thing
« on: June 15, 2014, 11:03:00 PM »
Hi, my name is Meghan and I stumbled across this site at a point where I was at my wits end. That seems to happen a lot recently. I suffer from depression, anxiety, agoraphobia, anger issues, among other things. I also believe that I have PTSD. Not from being in the army, but from watching my dad died slowly from a tumor in his brain. I was not only his daughter but his secondary caregiver. He was diagnosed with a glioblastoma grade four brain tumor in the left frontal lobe the size of an orange about eight days after my birthday, April 9th 2012. He was told he had two weeks to live. His mind slowly faded away along with his existence every single day. But I had to take care of him, my mom couldn't do it herself. He eventually lost his battle on December 26th, 2012. Throughout all of that, I only had one friend. A lot of my friends stopped being my friend when he got sick. I don't have a lot of friends and feel so alone sometimes. I try my hardest everyday but sometimes it's just not good enough. I feel like I let everyone down, I'm a huge disappointment, I'm stupid, all of those things. I put others before myself because everyone in the world matters except me. I sometimes wish I was the one with the tumor. My dad meant more to the world than I ever would have. I suck.. *sigh* Idk.. I just really need support. I barely got support during his illness and after his passing. Of course my perfect over achieving sister did. She got to have a therapist, not me. She succeeds in life and I'm failing miserably at it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello, I'm new to this kind of thing
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2014, 05:30:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Anxious Brit

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello, I'm new to this kind of thing
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2014, 12:57:47 PM »
Hi, I am also new to this forum.
I think your amazing for looking after your Dad at that time in his life.
I think you did a very brave thing reaching out for support.
Keep smiling
Bookmark and Share

Tags: