Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Petechiae after shaving / hot shower?  (Read 233 times)

Offline nikol373

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Petechiae after shaving / hot shower?
« on: June 15, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »
I'm on a leukemia kick...again. It started after getting some "purpura" bug bites after gardening (was one of my favorite things...now I'm afraid to go back in the garden :( ) I have OCD checking myself everywhere for petechiae (honestly - including my palate in my mouth) and I've noticed that after I take a hot bath / shower and shave my legs, pressure will cause little red dots to come up under my skin. Weird thing is they go away if I press on them for a while and in a few hours-ish they are completely gone. I don't have a clue what these are, but of course I probably had them my whole life, and only started noticing them since I've been looking. I had full bloods done 2.5 years ago, and I am 24 and lead a very healthy lifestyle. Run a lot, gym a lot, eat decently healthy (possibly not enough due to anxiety...)  I'm just scared. I think I am going to get a CBC done again for reassurance, though I feel like I shouldn't have to. Stupid brain. I feel fine otherwise - of course I started checking nodes and all that stuff, but I really just want to put this to rest. I'm deathly afraid of that day or so, though, waiting for those results to come back if I do go for blood work. That's gotta be the worst feeling in the world.

Any insight, talk me up...anything is appreciated right now. I thought I beat this stupid anxiety the last time
I got the blood work done. Now here we are again. I'm getting tired.
Bookmark and Share
"Fight fires in your best clothes,
Touch skin with your eyes closed,
Chase thunder...
With the volume down
Pack a suitcase, wander to the next town..."

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Petechiae after shaving / hot shower?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 10:54:04 PM »
I get petechiae if I scratch my skin while showering.  No idea why.  I don't know if they're "true" petechiae or not; they fit the description but like yours they vanish usually in a few hours.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: