Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Petechiae after shaving / hot shower?  (Read 722 times)

Offline nikol373

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Petechiae after shaving / hot shower?
« on: June 15, 2014, 10:40:55 PM »
I'm on a leukemia kick...again. It started after getting some "purpura" bug bites after gardening (was one of my favorite things...now I'm afraid to go back in the garden :( ) I have OCD checking myself everywhere for petechiae (honestly - including my palate in my mouth) and I've noticed that after I take a hot bath / shower and shave my legs, pressure will cause little red dots to come up under my skin. Weird thing is they go away if I press on them for a while and in a few hours-ish they are completely gone. I don't have a clue what these are, but of course I probably had them my whole life, and only started noticing them since I've been looking. I had full bloods done 2.5 years ago, and I am 24 and lead a very healthy lifestyle. Run a lot, gym a lot, eat decently healthy (possibly not enough due to anxiety...)  I'm just scared. I think I am going to get a CBC done again for reassurance, though I feel like I shouldn't have to. Stupid brain. I feel fine otherwise - of course I started checking nodes and all that stuff, but I really just want to put this to rest. I'm deathly afraid of that day or so, though, waiting for those results to come back if I do go for blood work. That's gotta be the worst feeling in the world.

Any insight, talk me up...anything is appreciated right now. I thought I beat this stupid anxiety the last time
I got the blood work done. Now here we are again. I'm getting tired.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 56
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Petechiae after shaving / hot shower?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 10:54:04 PM »
I get petechiae if I scratch my skin while showering.  No idea why.  I don't know if they're "true" petechiae or not; they fit the description but like yours they vanish usually in a few hours.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: