Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pregnant and dizzy  (Read 131 times)

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pregnant and dizzy
« on: June 15, 2014, 08:33:49 PM »
To all moms...i am 11 weeks and today i felt super dizzy and had a couple head rushes. It scared me so bad i have been in a panic all day. I checked the baby's heartbeat and he is fine. 171 bpm. I had a cinnamon roll for brakfast and a friend who works at the hospital thinks it was a sugar spike and then sugar drop. My blood pressure is good. 110/60.  My hands were sweaty and my heart was beating fast. Normal/ not normal?
Bookmark and Share

Offline artsyJ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pregnant and dizzy
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 08:44:30 PM »
I have to wonder, are these your normal symptoms of anxiety, because I too get head rushes and the feelings of dizziness, and I am not pregnant. In fact, during times of the month (ladies know which time to which I am referring) my hormones cause my anxiety to rise sharply! More than likely this is just a hormone thing, since you are pregnant. I understand your concern! Thinking of the little one! The sugar that you consumed may have had something to do with it as well. Of course I am NO physician. These are merely suggestions.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:04:43 PM »
Me too brick, me too... Ive been dizzy off and on this pregnancy. This morning was really bad! I woke up, opened my eyes and the room kept spinning. This continued for at least an hour. Not so much that I couldn't see, or that I passed out, but deffo bothersome. I also woke up flat on my back with my arms crosses on my chest, and my arms were numb and tingling. I think my circulation is loopy this time around! I've been having weird symptoms this pregnancy. But pregnancy has odd and different symptoms for everyone. :) you sound normal to me. Makes a lot of sense about this sugar rush....
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 09:37:36 PM »
Yes artsy, those are normal anxiety symptoms for me. I was having cramps friday and I worried a lot about miscarriage. I am also still a little worried about my tumor. We wre going on vacation with my husband's family this week and. I don't get a long with his sister in law so a lot of stress. And yes very worried about the little one. Ally, i was hoping you would respond. It's not uncommon for me to have these, but It scares me during pregnancy. Love this baby already. Sorry you are feeling bad too. It could very well be a sugar spike then drop, I hope. I feel better now. Ar you having a girl or boy?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 09:43:33 PM »
This sounds totally blood sugar or anxiety related. Could also be hormal. I used to get extremely bad heat palps while pregnant and also during the postpartum phase. It felt like my heart would skip a beat or flip flop in my chest and I would I need to cough it back into rhythm or something. I also have experienced lightheaded and dizziness with racing heart. My friend also had many of these episodes while pregnant. Make sure you are hydrated, eat plenty of protein and try to keep stress and anxiety at a minimum. Make sure you mention it to your doctor to calm your nerves. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 10:10:22 PM »
I'm having my second girl, you?
My anxiety is doing excellent after my hematologist told me I don't have cancer and not to come back. Having those MRIs done was great for me. I still check in on this board seeing if I can help with anything. I'm sure my anxiety is not gone for good. It always comes back at some point.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 11:26:00 PM »
Yes, I had that with both of my pregnancies. Try not to eat things that will spike your blood sugar.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 07:25:11 AM »
Ally, we don't know yet. According to the ramzi theory though it's a girl.

Lindsay, with my son my hewrt rate went to 225 and I had all sorts of monitors. I had the heart palp yesterday where I had to cough to get it back right.

Thanks ladies for all your input. I knew better than to just eat a cinnamon roll. Especially when i haven't had a lot of protein cause meat sounds so yucky right now
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 08:16:03 AM »
Could be sugar spike, could be just pregnancy. I used to have dizzy spells when I was pregnant and I found that drinking water really helped.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2014, 09:00:46 AM »
I have to go to the doctor this morning so I will mention it. I had some cramping and spotting so they want to check even though I heard the baby's heartbeat on my home doppler.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: