Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Skipped beats, can feel it throughout my chest :/  (Read 197 times)

Offline Rubbr_Dukkie

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Skipped beats, can feel it throughout my chest :/
« on: June 15, 2014, 05:31:05 PM »
Well,

I've been doing pretty good lately till about a week or so ago. I've been getting nasty skipped beats.

I can feel a weird sensation in my upper chest every time it happens, like a shortness of breath mixed with butterflies... Some are worse than others... It's never lasted more than a second or 2... And some days it happens 3-5 times a day... Other days it's been over 100 ( when anxiety was high ) although I haven't gone a day in the past week or so without feeling at least a couple.

Wondering, does anyone else get this sensation? At first I thought it was in my head, but I did check my pulse and on multiple occasions my heart missed a beat, or had a premature beat... Seems to always follow with a hard thud to knock it back into rhythm.

It's important to note I went into the ER about 2 or 3 months ago for chest pains, they ran an EKG, x-rays, and blood and found nothing, said I was perfectly healthy... Could some kind of condition arise in that short of a period?
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Skipped beats, can feel it throughout my chest :/
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 06:10:13 PM »
I have the same thing.  I feel about 3-5 hard ones every day and several smaller ones that feel like they might turn into a harder one but never do.  Usually after I have a harder one, I feel a warm sensation all over. 

I went to see a cardiologist about this and they did an EKG which came back normal.  I also wore a Holter monitor for 24 hours but haven't had my results from that yet.  Anyway, the cardiologist said I am experiencing what is called PVC's.  They are completely normal and nothing to worry about. 

Mine also increase when I'm stressed or sometimes even when I'm just relaxed and sitting.  They come on for no rhyme or reason.  I know how alarming they feel and scary, too. 

It is completely normal, though. 
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline jilllayy

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »
It is pvcs. When i was pregnant mine increased a lot. Felt like i had them almost constantly anf my holter showed 260 extra beats in a day and they only care just a little if its in the thousands. Harmless
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:13:10 PM »
Yes I've had them since I was at least 15. It feels unsettling for sure. I usually get 4-6 at a time, mutiple times a day, then days in a row, I have none. I had some kind of test for it a long time ago and everything was fine. I'm still alive and I'm 24. I've accepted it as my normal. My mom gets them too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline samandthecity

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 10:23:43 PM »
Most likely premature ventricular contractions. I've had these many times, also a lot when I was pregnant. They feel funny but are harmless. They can have many different causes (stress, anxiety), or sometimes just happen for no reason. On two occasions, my husband was having like ten of them per minute and went to the ER only to confirm they were pvc's.  The last time that happened was several years ago, he hasn't had one since.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rubbr_Dukkie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 11:07:07 PM »
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets these... I've seen lots of posts of skipped heart beats but the sensation of it never seems to be touched on !

Every week it seems like my anxiety thinks up another symptom to throw at me  :angel-smiley-006:

I guess important to note that I never usually get these often unless I'm thinking about it, of course once I'm aware it seems to happen all the time ...

Also I work out regularly very hard and it never bothers me then, usually when I'm sitting still or at night when trying to go to sleep.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCtitan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 05:50:55 AM »
@rubber_dukk glad to hear that you workout hard and feel fine regardless of the skipped heart beats. I had a bad episode of skipped heart beats back a couple months ago. Occasionally I would have two to three skipped heartbeats every so often. Then in mid April I started having these skipped heartbeats throughout the entire day on and off. That's when I really started freaking out. Then it happened for like 2 days after that. Now I've only been experiencing them every now and then. Anyway,  you give me real hope in getting back into crossfit/strength training. Get well soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rubbr_Dukkie

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 03:57:57 PM »
Thanks!

I do insanity almost every day, sometimes with weight and running in the same days when I'm feeling really crazy. It actually seems to help me escape my anxiety and tune out all my problems... For me I was scared initially of getting back into the swing of things ( I took nearly 3 months off due to anxiety... But just starting to get back into the rhythm ) but after I started I noticed it helps a lot !  ;D
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCtitan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
Good to here.. hope its the same for me and nothing serious. I want to get back to training so bad.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: