Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: SOME symptoms of how anxiety affects people  (Read 2343 times)

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: SOME symptoms of how anxiety affects people
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2014, 01:51:29 PM »
yes I exercise but I get lightheaded because my breathing is so wrong, plus I have extreme intolerance. I still plug on through, I have collapsed several times. You are right about the reactive stressors. I tend to google everynight on my phone because that is when my anxiety ramps up! I get stomach problems, limb pains, body vibrations, heartbeat skips along with build up of adrenaline shots after the skipped beats, i start sweating. I then look up my symptoms to reassure myself.

What do I do here? Do I bite the bullet and just try and sleep?
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 220
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
yes I exercise but I get lightheaded because my breathing is so wrong, plus I have extreme intolerance. I still plug on through, I have collapsed several times. You are right about the reactive stressors. I tend to google everynight on my phone because that is when my anxiety ramps up! I get stomach problems, limb pains, body vibrations, heartbeat skips along with build up of adrenaline shots after the skipped beats, i start sweating. I then look up my symptoms to reassure myself.

What do I do here? Do I bite the bullet and just try and sleep?

oh tired  it sounds like you have yourself in pretty deep in the anxiety cycle.

no sleep makes anxiety worse.  I don't know what you mean about biting the bullet part, BUT, yes, you sleep. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Tiredofbeingexhausted

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2014, 12:35:03 AM »
I meant like do I just do the hard thing and ignore my symptoms lol. Is this anxiety or carpal? -after using my hands for long periods they end up tingling and hurting for hours.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2014, 04:01:16 AM »
Hi sixpack. I know health anxiety is a serious disorder it can ruin every individual's life, it can control you! It's like a demon posses you makes your life miserable and feeling of impending doom! I experienced most of these list of symptoms. Sometimes I envy those people who do not have GAD or Health Anxiety or i don't know... We just can't tell what in others peoples mind. I'm glad you are doing well sixpack! We'll me... I'm still anxious I hope this too shall pass. I'm still in my early 20s (I was 18 when my HA started) I hope someday I will be fine. Just fine
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2014, 03:04:29 PM »
Hi sixpack. I know health anxiety is a serious disorder it can ruin every individual's life, it can control you! It's like a demon posses you makes your life miserable and feeling of impending doom! I experienced most of these list of symptoms. Sometimes I envy those people who do not have GAD or Health Anxiety or i don't know... We just can't tell what in others peoples mind. I'm glad you are doing well sixpack! We'll me... I'm still anxious I hope this too shall pass. I'm still in my early 20s (I was 18 when my HA started) I hope someday I will be fine. Just fine

envy really doesn't do us any good.  to me it seems one is behaving like a victim.  and, if we are behaving as one, it is devilishly hard to get better. 

and, like you said, we don't know what is in others' minds.  No one, no matter how carefree they seem, have easy peasy lives.  everyone has problems, issues, that they need to deal with.   :yes:
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline Smalm

• Live everyday like it's your last for one day will be your last!
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • treatment in progress, better life, no HA!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 07:29:42 PM »
There was something that my parents told me all the time "Treat others how you would like to be treated." which is true but if that were HA and you then if you were to be thinking about a heart attack then your HA would treat you in that manner and give you symptoms that replicate a heart attack. I have only had HA for about 4 years and it has already taken me to hell and back. I have to say after starting medication a day ago that the dose isn't high enough for yesterday I was still fearing my " death from rabies". I remember sixpack saying something like: "reassurance is like cocaine, it gives you a high good feeling but then you need it again... Always to be a vicious cycle." and after calming down and not being convinced that I was going to die of rabies after I talked to the State Dep. of Health and they said no risk of rabies I have to say that anxiety is very twisted indeed. I am only a teenager and just like a pond my anxiety will not always be undisturbed, there will be disruptions throughout time. I find that (writing this with hopefully no HA) that anxiety has no quick fix, heck the prescription I was given the doctor told me it would take a month for it to take full effect, I was desprate and needed a way to at least slightly reduce this HA caos, usually I would take one dose and then start cursing because it dosen't do "s***". People in general need to understand that anxiety can cause a lot of symptoms that can duplicate your fear and that anxiety is no quick fix, it takes time. I have a copy of another list of symptoms on this forum and I have to say that having some sort of list at hand has kept me sane to a certain degree even if a certain number of you don't agree woth me. With HA we all have our ups and downs, that is what parents have to understand (if a teenager like me) that I won't be the perfect child that will always be worry free, and I won't always be able to be the one to not ask questions over and over again for my general sanity. I think in general HA free people should break the habit of saying "get over it" or " it's only your anxiety" to us HA folks, you don't even know how many times I've been balling or screaming up to the top of my lungs at people I know that say that to me about my anxiety which is a vicious cycle that medicine will mask but not fix.
Bookmark and Share
On medication, which is doing great! I love the major improvements it has made for me and he people around me for when I have anxiety I make others suffer, but not anymore!

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Poke This Member
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2014, 12:11:22 PM »
I'm not sure this happened with anyone else, but my symptoms eventually show themselves in such a way that I realize it's just anxiety.

For example, my chronic abdominal pain went away when I was heavily distracted. Also, there would always be that split second after I wake up that I forgot about it....then I would think "oh yeah, the pain" and it would slowly start creeping back up.

Eventually, on the last day of summer vacation, I was at the beach looking out to the sea. I told myself "this is just anxiety, and i'm not going to fall for it anymore". After that day, it vanished as mysteriously as it arrived. It still returns sometimes, but only when i'm very anxious.

Even now, with these weird "attacks" that I get once every month or so. I get a weird sort of irritation in my lower right abdomen, tenderness, and pain whenever I move a certain way, or lift my leg. They last a few days, but I always get back to normal. The last 2 were caused by a panic attack, and my latest was shortened from a week down to 2 days just with my brain power alone.

I couldn't accept it at first, but I now believe these attacks are caused by my anxiety alone. There was a 8 month period where I didn't get them, and during those 8 months I wasn't anxious about my abdomen. Heck, during 5 of those months I completely returned to normal and felt 100% fine.

Anxiety is such a strange thing, and sometimes our brains are too powerful even for us to control.
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2014, 02:33:24 PM »
bumping this up.  many new peeps on here that are concerned over things that are clearly the product of anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline modestaustin811

• Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • blah
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »
The only problem with lists like these, is that there are so many symptoms here that many, if not all of them, can overlap with conditions that aren't anxiety. Yes anxiety can cause all these symptoms, but yes other things can cause these symptoms as well.

This is why things like these never give me any comfort.
Bookmark and Share
I'm not on any medication, not seeing a therapist, and I hate life.

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2014, 03:51:56 PM »
The only problem with lists like these, is that there are so many symptoms here that many, if not all of them, can overlap with conditions that aren't anxiety. Yes anxiety can cause all these symptoms, but yes other things can cause these symptoms as well.

This is why things like these never give me any comfort.

that is one argument that can be made.  Sure diseases cause things that seem similar to the list above.  However when push comes to shove none of the things, when caused by anxiety, will progress to doing you in.   

another argument could be  anxious people often take lists for cancer or ALS----after googling---- and take any potential symptom listed as PROOF they have a disease.   they whip themsleves up into a frenzy.  they often completely negate what anxiety does to thinking and what it does to a body.   they think anxiety is a just.   

Anxious people JUMP to irrational conclusions all of the time. for example---nausea and stomach pain is automatically stomach cancer.    they twitch and have noticed that ALS has that listd as a symptom but completely ""forget" that any twitching that happens happens waaaaaaaaaay into the disease---when the leg or arm is no longer working.  yet they look at twitch and say I have ALS

bottom line anxiety CAUSES just about anything.  but anxious peeps thinking is often so disordered they see things only filtered through anxious mindsets.   they think muscle cramps are always a neuro disease.  they see all moles as melanoma.  they see heart palps as evidence of heart disease.  they see loss of apetite as evidence of cancer. 

the purpose of this list is to show an alternate cause to an ache/pain..  then take tha info and examine how their lives/actions/mindsets are influencing are how the body feels.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »
Sixpack, I'm so glad to see you back. I love your words of wisdom. You have helped me many times!

I read through the list of symptoms that anxiety can cause. I've experienced several of them. But what I always struggle with is how do I KNOW if what I'm feeling is a result of anxiety or a true health concern.

For example, some symptoms of anxiety can be the exact same symptoms of a heart attack. How do you know what's true or what's anxiety without running to the doctor all the time?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Courtney09011

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 05:11:34 PM »
This was a great list! I realize I'm very disordered I need help but my issue is like the person above when you have a symptom of any sort how do you know if it's the anxiety of something else?!
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2014, 06:26:22 PM »
HIVES!

I've had hives for 3 1/2 days and my doctor just called in Atarax to take with my Klonopin for the itch.  I have as many as 8 hives at a time and they come and go within minutes to an hour but ITCH.

This week we get a very upsetting CT scan report with 8 areas of concern for my husband.
The VA won't bill Blue Cross and Social Security took a large amount of money out of our check.
The woman in charge of turning in payroll info made an error and my husbands pay check was shorted $150.
I'm suing the vet who almost killed my dog and have turned him in to the state.  He's had atty's calling me.

It's 1 1/2 months til my next CT / MRI and I'm already worried about it.

So, ....... hives!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2014, 11:33:54 PM »
Sixpack, I'm so glad to see you back. I love your words of wisdom. You have helped me many times!

I read through the list of symptoms that anxiety can cause. I've experienced several of them. But what I always struggle with is how do I KNOW if what I'm feeling is a result of anxiety or a true health concern.

For example, some symptoms of anxiety can be the exact same symptoms of a heart attack. How do you know what's true or what's anxiety without running to the doctor all the time?

thing is they ARE NOT the same exact symptoms.  That is only your interpretation off it.  An interpretation that is coming from an anxious mindset.
Bookmark and Share

Offline greend

• Rec's: 8
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 02:35:14 AM »
Sixpack your words of wisdom never cease to amaze me. You are such an asset to this site.

I think for the first time in three years I finally have my anxiety under control (for the most part). I never want to feel the way I did - low is an understatement. I was tested to no end and finally after a series of extremely stressful neurologist visits that ended in June, I think I reached rock bottom.  Leaving that final appointment with no diagnosis I finally realized that I couldn't go on suffering the way I had been. I think at that moment I stopped being perpetually horrified - a sense of calm and acceptance just came over me. I hope I never feel that awful again.

Sixpack, I want you to know that you helped me a lot through those three years. I really didn't think I was going to make it. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: