Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: SOME symptoms of how anxiety affects people  (Read 3820 times)

Offline Mom21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: SOME symptoms of how anxiety affects people
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2014, 04:41:23 PM »
Sixpack, I'm so glad to see you back. I love your words of wisdom. You have helped me many times!

I read through the list of symptoms that anxiety can cause. I've experienced several of them. But what I always struggle with is how do I KNOW if what I'm feeling is a result of anxiety or a true health concern.

For example, some symptoms of anxiety can be the exact same symptoms of a heart attack. How do you know what's true or what's anxiety without running to the doctor all the time?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Courtney09011

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2014, 05:11:34 PM »
This was a great list! I realize I'm very disordered I need help but my issue is like the person above when you have a symptom of any sort how do you know if it's the anxiety of something else?!
Bookmark and Share
i understand your anxiety! I've been there and am there right now! Feel free to PM me if you need someone who understands!

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2014, 06:26:22 PM »
HIVES!

I've had hives for 3 1/2 days and my doctor just called in Atarax to take with my Klonopin for the itch.  I have as many as 8 hives at a time and they come and go within minutes to an hour but ITCH.

This week we get a very upsetting CT scan report with 8 areas of concern for my husband.
The VA won't bill Blue Cross and Social Security took a large amount of money out of our check.
The woman in charge of turning in payroll info made an error and my husbands pay check was shorted $150.
I'm suing the vet who almost killed my dog and have turned him in to the state.  He's had atty's calling me.

It's 1 1/2 months til my next CT / MRI and I'm already worried about it.

So, ....... hives!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

• no illogical conclusions please
  • Rec's: 239
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • anxiety lies, don't listen
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2014, 11:33:54 PM »
Sixpack, I'm so glad to see you back. I love your words of wisdom. You have helped me many times!

I read through the list of symptoms that anxiety can cause. I've experienced several of them. But what I always struggle with is how do I KNOW if what I'm feeling is a result of anxiety or a true health concern.

For example, some symptoms of anxiety can be the exact same symptoms of a heart attack. How do you know what's true or what's anxiety without running to the doctor all the time?

thing is they ARE NOT the same exact symptoms.  That is only your interpretation off it.  An interpretation that is coming from an anxious mindset.
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline greend

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 02:35:14 AM »
Sixpack your words of wisdom never cease to amaze me. You are such an asset to this site.

I think for the first time in three years I finally have my anxiety under control (for the most part). I never want to feel the way I did - low is an understatement. I was tested to no end and finally after a series of extremely stressful neurologist visits that ended in June, I think I reached rock bottom.  Leaving that final appointment with no diagnosis I finally realized that I couldn't go on suffering the way I had been. I think at that moment I stopped being perpetually horrified - a sense of calm and acceptance just came over me. I hope I never feel that awful again.

Sixpack, I want you to know that you helped me a lot through those three years. I really didn't think I was going to make it. Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2014, 06:40:14 AM »
Sixpack your words of wisdom never cease to amaze me. You are such an asset to this site.

I think for the first time in three years I finally have my anxiety under control (for the most part). I never want to feel the way I did - low is an understatement. I was tested to no end and finally after a series of extremely stressful neurologist visits that ended in June, I think I reached rock bottom.  Leaving that final appointment with no diagnosis I finally realized that I couldn't go on suffering the way I had been. I think at that moment I stopped being perpetually horrified - a sense of calm and acceptance just came over me. I hope I never feel that awful again.

Sixpack, I want you to know that you helped me a lot through those three years. I really didn't think I was going to make it. Thank you.

greend--

I am glad you are doing better.   ;D   AND I am glad some of my words were helpful to you.

Anxiety and the physicality of it all can be quite  vexing, for sure.   I've been through it   :yes:   I still get symptoms from stress/anxiety at times.  The trick is not allowing the anxious thinking to make it worse.  and, yeah, it isn't really a trick.  tricks are easy, lol.  Learning how to deal with what got you into an anxietal mess and stopping the bad behaviors isn't easy BUT it is what gets you better 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety occurs on a subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state

Offline sixpack

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2015, 03:25:04 PM »
all of these new members here that are seemingly unaware of what anxiety/stress do to a body
Bookmark and Share

Offline hanky22

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #47 on: May 29, 2015, 04:02:05 PM »
thanks for this sixpack i might print it out and put it on my wall!
Bookmark and Share

Offline sixpack

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2015, 08:30:53 PM »
>>>>
Bookmark and Share

Offline doglover1967

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2015, 06:57:47 PM »
I knew some of these, but some others are a complete surprise AND those are some of my newest, never before experienced 'symptoms'!  :sprachlos020:
Bookmark and Share
'Always keep fighting' ~ Jared Padalecki

Tags:

anything