Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Swallowed Porcelain?.....  (Read 39 times)

Offline artsyJ

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Swallowed Porcelain?.....
« on: June 15, 2014, 04:36:33 PM »
I am almost embarrassed to post this.....but a little while ago I was getting a bowl out of a kitchen cabinet and simultaneously knocked a plate onto the counter shattering it. I felt pieces of porcelain hit me in the face and it flew everywhere! Of course I immediately made sure I got up all of the pieces.....but I began to worry  that perhaps.....some flew into my mouth and I injested it! Now I am all kinds of worried about internal bleeding or getting a septic infection from the allegid porcelain shards I swallowed. Of course.....I do not remember feeling any in my mouth.....but then again.... my mind tells me I did swallow some....although.... in reality I probably didn't.....but I am still worried! Help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Swallowed Porcelain?.....
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 04:54:35 PM »
Hi. Don't be embarrassed. I'm sure that what you fear didn't really happen. So just take some deep breaths and relax. After you relax do other things to get distracted. I'm sure you're fine. Most important don't Google anything. This happens to me too. The other day as ridiculous as this might sound, I was worried that I swallowed just enough toothpaste while I was brushing my teeth to kill me. Even though I knew how ridiculous that was, my anxiety did not let go and I spent the next two hours rinsing my mouth for some reason lol. I calmed down and was fine. I laugh at it now but I know how irrational anxiety can make you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: hypochondria