Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: depression symptoms subsided an anxiety right back  (Read 88 times)

Offline zav4999

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
depression symptoms subsided an anxiety right back
« on: June 15, 2014, 02:34:46 PM »
so ive been going through a dark phase since april and it's been pretty damn tough, hardest thing ive dealt with in my life, worse than the first time i went through it. For so many weeks I was dealing with depression when anxiety was always my main issue for so many years. During that time my anxiety was almost non existent because i concentrated so much on the down, hopeless feeling of depression. I started having doc appointments and even though they keep getting pushed back because the first appointments are usually just questions, it seems like my depression symptoms have gone down alot, but now the anxiety is back and i forgot how much i hateeeee feeling like this, but at the same time i think i'd prefer it way more than depression. anybody else have this issue of one replacing the other.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: depression symptoms subsided an anxiety right back
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »
Zav, I think I basically deal with GAD.  Though sometimes I feel more down than nervous -- so it gets hard to tell which is which.
When I see a new psych doc, I'll ask which he thinks is my main issue to be treated.  I don't like feeling either down or nervous myself.

In both cases, I feel less myself.  And that I can only experience 60% of the joy of my life that I usually feel.
Bookmark and Share

Offline zav4999

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 07:33:03 PM »
yea i know it sucks. I dont even remember the last time i've been truly happy or looked forward to something. I'm always feeling anxious and if im not its always in the back of my mind "when is it going to start getting uncomfortable and anxious". I don't get it. I finally feel like depression has lessened up and now im anxious most of today . It's frustrating as hell
Bookmark and Share

Offline MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 21
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 09:05:58 PM »
Hello Zav...

It is indeed very normal to have "swings" of depression to anxiety, and back to depression.  The fact is, both depression and anxiety originate in the same center of the brain.

I suffer from anxiety, specifically panic disorder with panic attacks.  But when I have been dealing with an episode of anxiety to long, some depression begins to set-in as well.

Think of it this way...  You have a ceiling fan with lights in the middle of the room.  On the wall is a double switch plate, one switch turns the light on and the other turns the fan on.  The fan and light appear very different, just like anxiety and depression feel so different, yet the fan and light both run on the same electricity that they get from the wall switches.

As always, the very best to you, Zav!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: