Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: TERRIFIED SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG  (Read 622 times)

Offline LAD123456

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
TERRIFIED SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG
« on: June 15, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »
I need some help, I am terrified that I have either colon cancer or ovarian cancer.  I was just dx with Ic and pelvic floor dysfunction.  But right now I am having constant growling and gas, mostly on my left side with soft stools. 

In the past 3 months I have had an abdominal MRI, a pelvic CT scan and blood test.  The worst thing that showed up was a small fibroid.  In both the MRI and CT scan, it mentions my intestines and said that there was no inflammation or obstructions.  I think I should be relieved, but I am not.  Some where in the dark parts of my HA, I am totally convinced that I have either one of those diseases. I also had 2 pelvic exams---one with the gyn and the other one with the urologist.  My rational side of me says that if there was something wrong it would have been picked up by either the exams or the CT/MRI

I need some thoughts on this---my mind is wondering and not in a good place
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: TERRIFIED SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 02:58:33 PM »
Your good. A clean MRI and CT. I don't think anything else other than a colonoscopy could give you those 100% answers and to be honest if nothing showed on the CT more than likely nothing would show on a colonoscopy either. They can even show colon polyps. Your HA is leading you down that path. Trust me I have been there. I was convinced I had colon cancer (I'm 27) after my colonoscopy and polyp biopsy my GI said I was 100% fine and my periodic blood on stools was from my small BENIGN polyp bad internal hemorrhoids. I was certain the lab mixed up my pathology and the polyp could be C. I also had blood work in April and when it came back perfect I thought there could have been a mix up at the lab and I got someone else's results or something. You are fine. Trust your doctors conclusion!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 06:36:28 PM »
Thanks for the reply---You know if I was a rational, non HA type of person, I could tell myself I have a clean MRI, a clean pelvic CT, blood test are fine and I have been to the GP, urologist and gyno and all is fine--they didn't find anything that is horrible.

I just wish my GI symptoms would just go away.  Every time I feel the gas growling I begin to panic all over again.
I do not know if this is from my HA/anxiety that is causing this, but to be honest I am really terrified.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:01:43 PM »
The last thing your MD wants is a malpractice suit...I'd say he's been extremely thorough.  Also, when you are stressed, you have more gas, more gurgling, and softer stools.  We lost a friend to colon ca, and none of your symptoms fit.  Trust your MD.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 08:44:44 AM »
You know, I do not know if my GI problems are a result of my cystitis dx or not.  Before I got dx with cystitis, the doctors ( GP & gynocologist) that thought I had a UTI and was placed on three diffeent antibiotics, that were really strong (macrobid, cipro & bactrim DS).  While I was taking the last antibiotic, that my GI got out of whack.  But it has been over a month, and things aren't getting that much better.

I have an appointment with my GP on Wednesday, I think I am going to call  and see if they can get me in today.

I just have a feeling that there is something wrong.  I hope I am wrong.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2014, 08:45:21 AM »
Hello, I was diagnosed with IC in August... how did the urologist diagnose you? what are you taking for that? are you following the IC diet? This site really helps.. not sure if you are aware of it
http://www.ic-network.com/
there is a great forum there too!

I have pretty much the same as you.... the CT scan... I was having gas, diarreah, etc along with the IC.... I was diagnosed with IBS, that goes hand with hand with IC. If you had an MRI and a CT scan you are OK! plus the fibroid may be causing your symptoms too. They found 3 cysts in my ovary....

You may want to try acacia fiber... it really helps.
http://www.amazon.com/Heathers-Tummy-Organic-Acacia-Senegal/dp/B0002ON8DU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402922696&sr=8-1&keywords=acacia+fiber

Good luck!!!!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2014, 09:06:30 AM »
Hi Leah

I was dx by the urologist.  What an exam that was---i was prepared for cystectomy, what I didn't expect was the pelvic exam and the rectal exam.  I was also dx with pelvic floor dysfuntion---

I am taking  amtriptyline (10 mg) 1x  and uribel 3-4x. I am doing my best with the diet, but it is sooo limited, besides i am having a hell of a time not drinking coffee........

I do not know if i have IBS---the growling/gas pains are on the left side, which i believe is the large intestines.
The soft stools are really bothering me and I do not know if that is a sign of IBS

I have heard that if you have IC---IBS basically goes hand in hand with IC

I just need to get some answers or more importantly reassurance

Thanks for replying.  I really appreciate it

Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2014, 11:10:42 AM »
the antibiotics you took definitely messed with your intestinal flora, creating all the gas, etc. Take a probiotic for it!

Good luck!!!! and BTW this book helped me a lot

http://www.amazon.com/Heal-Pelvic-Pain-Strengthening-Incontinence/dp/0071546561/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1402931428&sr=8-1&keywords=healing+pelvic+pain
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Lindsay2427

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »
When I was terrified of having CC I had soft stools, even thin stools. The stress over my stools caused them to change. They were formed but very soft and would come out very thin and a golden brown color. All my life I have had really hard stools. As soon as I had my all clear colonoscopy my stools went right beck to being hard and well formed again. It's because the stress and anxiety was lifted.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2014, 08:53:23 AM »
Well, what a day I had yesterday.  I had a scheduled a doctors appointment with my GP.  Before I got there, my blood pressure and heart rate were increasing.  By the time I got to the GP's office, my BP was 150/100 and my heart rate was between 90-100.  My normal BP and heart rate is 120/70, and 75.

My doctor told me to go to the hospital because my EKG didn't look normal.  But before i left, she told me I have massive HA----and this is nothing but a panic attack.

I went to the hospital and I found out that my potasium level was low, which was causing my hear and BP to be elevated.

But you know what---my GP is right, I have massive HA.  I have been scared beyond belief that there was something wrong, even though I have had every test (chest x ray, MRI abdomen, ultra sound abdomen, and CT scan with contrast of abdomen and pelvic region) short of a coloscopy.  I have had my mind fixed on the fact that I have CC because my GI sytem is "off". Well, my system is off because of my HA and the fact I was on antibiotics (multiple) for about two months.  I now have bought a probiotic (ultimate flora) and I really, really think all of my GI systems will clear itself once I get my HA under control.  But I also know it may take a few weeks if not months to accomplish this.

In as much as I didn't want to hear what my GP had to say, she was right.  I had a long talk with myself.  Enough of this HA robbing me of me and my family of me.

It is time for me to pick myself up by my boot straps and go and live my life.  Life is way too short.  I am going to find a therapist to help me with this. 

But today, has been the first day, in a long, long time where I feel good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 12:52:25 PM »
Crap I confused Ic with lc...almost got really sad

Also do any of you guys think anxiety causes actual physical problems. I see alot of ppl here with IC and pelvic floor issues. I myself got an actual uti the day I had a panick attack 2nights in a row that went to my prostate. Also antibiotics have given me slimy stools.How do I get good bowels again?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 09:31:20 AM »
Update-----

Well, after having a few good days, HA wise, I have fallen off my "pull myself up by my boot straps" wagon.  My problem remains the same--soft bowls.  I am taking Ultimate Flora and 2 tsp of Beneful every day.  But my stools are still soft--maybe a little improvement, but nothing close to normal.  The longer this goes on, the more I think I have CC.

now if I look at this rationally, I have more going for me, than not.  I have a clear abdominal MRI, a clear CT scan with contrast of the pelvic/abdomen---Both reports indicate that my intestines have no obstruction or inflamation.  I probably have IBS, since I have IC and both go hand in hand----I was on antibiotics from March until April, some of which were the big guns and my GI system needs to recover.  I know all of this, but my HA is out of control.  I do have an appointment with psychologist next week. 

I also know why my HA is out of control....all of my symptoms started after I sold my mom's house.  The house I grew up in.  The past 2 years I was busy with cleaning it out and fixing it up.  Now that the house is sold, I feel lost. Working my butt off getting the house sold, in some small way, felt like I still had a connection with her.  Now that it is all gone, I feel lost. I mourn not only my mom, but the house I grew up in.  I am now consentrating too much on myself, which I never had the time to do for the past 10 years.  My mother was disabled with RA, and being that I was an only child, I was her only care giver.  My mom refused to move in with my family, so I ran three times a day, every day, 365 days a year. Keep in mind, I have a full time job, and a family of my own. That in a nutshell is how my HA has gotten to this point.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Bookmark and Share

Offline VeryScary

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 12:40:23 PM »
Well not to be gross, but do you have dairy issues? Because I do - and lactose can DEFINITELY create that type of drama for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: TERRIFIED SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG (UPDATE)
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 01:08:02 PM »
No, in fact i really do not eat/drink that much dairy.

I am just hoping that this is all caused by the massive amount of antibiotics i was on from March to May---I think I counted 7 different types I was on.  I am also hoping that it is my stress level causing this,  because my stress/HA is as high as it has ever been.

I  go on vacation in 3 weeks, I should be excited but I am not.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Journey2Calm

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 04:25:52 PM »
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles.  I also was recently in the ER & found to have low potassium.  My BP wasn't bad, but I was having palps every few minutes- scary.  Anyway, I think that seeing a therapist will be very helpful, particularly one that specializes in anxiety disorders.  I saw many therapists before my current therapist who had no idea what to do with me.  I had a friend who had IC and did lots of nutritional therapy- might be worth looking into.  That makes complete sense about having more time for yourself now and the anxiety surfacing after selling your mother's house.  I wish you the best.  Let me know how the appt goes with the therapist!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: