Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: New here...  (Read 113 times)

Offline Ive!!!

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
New here...
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:45:23 PM »
Hello,

I'm Ive, 41. Just joined this forum and actually found it while google searching for more information on MS/ Anxiety symptoms. So glad I found this forum. I've been dealing with anxiety for quiet some time now, just recently it has become less manageable  and scary. Not sure if it's my age, or just the fact that I don't deal with things. I push them aside, thinking if I don't see it, it's not really there...So here I am now with all these physical symptoms happening and not being able to ignore anything anymore. Quiet the opposite. I'm so aware of my body right now that I cannot focus on much anything else. I hope reading some of your stories will make me accept that this is caused by anxiety and nothing else
 :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: New here...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 09:25:59 PM »
Hi Ive...  Welcome to Anxiety Zone!  My name is Chuck, and I am one of the Global Moderators here on the site.

You are now a member of our community, where you will find support and advice from other members in similar situations.   It's always nice to find someone else who understands, and to know you're not alone.

We have sections in the forum that address specific concerns, so feel free to post or start a new topic in the section that best fits your situation.  Feel free to explore the rest of the forum.  You may find the other topics helpful, and you may be able to offer advice or support to someone else.

We also have a chat room for members over the age of 18.  Once you have made three meaningful posts, you will be allowed access to the chat room.

Ive, it took me quite a while, I saw a lot of different doctors, and had medical tests galore, before I could finally admit to myself that all of my symptoms were caused by an anxiety disorder.  Our minds are very powerful, and can indeed create physical symptoms that lead us to believe we have a physical illness, when in fact we don't.

Again, Welcome to Anxiety Zone, Ive.  It is a pleasure to have you as a new member.  The very best to you!...  Chuck :grinning-smiley-003:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ive!!!

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 09:49:56 PM »
Thank you Chuck. I appreciate you welcoming me here. Yes I also have had numerous tests done. But yet I still think that there is one more test they should do...It makes me feel insane at times.
The past few months have not been fun. But seeing that others struggle with this like I do, does help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline everything-all-the-time

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 10:52:30 AM »
Hi Ive!

I'm also new here, I actually just started my account a few minutes ago. I'm 30, soon to be 31, and was diagnosed with Generalized Anxiety Disorder when I was about 23-24 (right before I finished my college studies). I had been managing fine until recently, when it flared up again. Like you, I'm currently having difficulties dealing with things that I know I need to get done in order to lower my anxiety levels, so I procrastinate; it's like getting things rolling somehow scares me. All the familiar symptoms of anxiety are back; I wake up in the middle of the night to feelings of dread and, sometimes, a racing heart, and I have to calm myself to go back to sleep; when I wake up everyday for work, It's hard to bring myself out of bed because of the same dreadful feeling that, somehow, everything's just gonna go to hell soon. I know it's all in my head, and I try to rationalize things, but it's hard. Currently it's been harder because I live and work far away from my home (I'm from Mexico, but currently live and work in Germany) and haven't been able to build a solid support system here, so I feel very a lone in this, sometimes.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know, like MobileChucko did, that you're not the only, and that there's gotta be a way for us to keep moving forward without Anxiety controlling our lives. We'll get there, It's what I hope everyday, even when, in the mornings, everything feels like crap. So, hang in there too  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 19
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2014, 01:16:09 AM »
Hi Ive and Everything-All-the-time  :action-smiley-065:

You have come to the right place for help and people to share your experience with...

I myself had  GAD, Anxiety, agoraphobia, Panic Disorder, OCD, I can relate completely with this terrible disorder. 

This is a terrible feeling that is not easily explained or understood by  people who have never had it themselves.  :(

I lost close to 15 years of my life, back in the early 1980's - luckily today, we have many wonderful resources and help to get you back to normal and avoid losing any more years!  :yes:

We have many great people here at the forum the understand what you are going through, and are very supportive.

This site has many helpful resources , and of course many wonderful people here.  :happy0151:

Welcome, we are glad to have you :yes:

Make sure to Ask a lot of questions !!

:action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline chughes515

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 08:32:38 AM »
Hi Everyone

I am new to the forum and I too have suffered terrible anxiety and panic on and off. I have come to learn to accept and live with the anxiety but I have developed two really bad phobias and because of these phobias it is dredging up a lot of old and unpleasant feelings. I hope I can learn to get back on the horse again by reading what everyone does to help themselves. These feelings can be so life altering and rob us of such life quality. I hope to learn from you all. Thanks for letting me comment.

Cindy
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything