Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: watched house  (Read 94 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
watched house
« on: June 14, 2014, 03:56:37 PM »
Okay, so I'm weird and watching house actually makes me feel a little better. Anyways there is this one episode that I watched that really stuck, not because it was scary but because it reminded me of myself. So, in the episode house and cuddy are in a plane going on a vacation or something like that. There is this guy on the plane that gets really sick and so house tries to find out what it is. Soon more people start getting sick too. I believe they start vomiting and getting weak and more (my memory isn't good) . House then think that its some brain infection ( i forgot what it was called ) and Dr. Cuddy also gets really sick. Fast forward to the end and it turned out that the guy went scuba diving and wasn't supposed to be on the plane because of the altitude and it wasn't anything contagious. The other people that got sick including Dr.cuddy had mass hysteria and their bodies just produced the same symptoms as the original guy did. House says something like our minds are very powerful or something like that.

Are our minds really that powerful? I feel like if I was on that plane then I'd be one of those people that also got sick even though there was no actual contagious illness. I will read something on this site and the next day I'll be feeling the same symptoms that the poster did. Its pretty crazy if you ask me.
Bookmark and Share

Online thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: watched house
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 05:30:56 PM »
Look up conversion disorder.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: watched house
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 09:32:58 PM »
While I still have a doubt that our brains can conjure up a visible rash, everything else on that episode was pretty much on point (and maybe the rash thing can happen, too, I don't know a lot about conversion disorder!)  It's amazing what can happen when we panic about our health. 

I actually started laughing when I first saw that episode and figured out where it was going.  Story of our lives!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: