Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new illness anxiety  (Read 72 times)

Offline firewife

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new illness anxiety
« on: June 14, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
I'm fine with colds, ear infections, stomach flu, all the norms. But, if I get something new I freak out even after it's gone. A little over a month ago I had my first sinus infection (I'm 30) and I cant seem to shake the anxiety since I've been better now for almost 3 weeks. I was perfectly fine before had not had severe anxiety or panic for 6 months at least. This only ever happens when I get a new illness I've never experienced before. Every time I get a headache or am just a touch light headed I fear getting the sinus infection is coming back. I know its gone in my rational part of my brain but I still cant seem to stop the worrying. I've taken more xanax in the past 3 weeks then 2 year combined (xanax intake is all with in prescribed amount, most of the time below what I'm prescribed, so I'm not abusing it). I was wondering if anyone else goes through this after a random illness and if you have any tips that might help me get back to being me.

Side note: for the past month I've started an anxiety journal,  went back to practicing my deep breathing exercises, went to a shop and got some meditation crystals. So that I'm not relying only on the xanax. Oh and I've been pushing myself every day to do one thing that causes anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline loveya14

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new illness anxiety
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 02:40:53 PM »
Oh my yes the same thing happens to me ! I'm fine with the usual discomforts because I know the end result , which is at some point it goes away buttttt when it's something new well I don't no enough about it yet or how my actual body will react ect. I'm going through a new ailment at the moment dealing with if would be 100% fine if I had a magic crystal showing 100% no worries I will be fine , it's the unknown part I HATE !
Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new illness anxiety
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 03:23:07 PM »
It's so stupid, I know I'm fine I know I'm over it and I know I won't get it again, but I always do this. It's almost like I'm waiting for the second round to begin. It stems from chronic ear infections a few years ago. I had one got rid of it then got another over and over for about 5 to 6 ear infections in a matter of months. I just keep telling myself, it's just allergies shut up stop worrying. But of course I still worry lol.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: