Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Group Therapy  (Read 97 times)

Offline anxiousartist

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Group Therapy
« on: June 14, 2014, 08:22:09 AM »
I've been to a few sessions of peer support group therapy and it was ok, but in the last session the facilitator and a member of the group literally had a conversation about Jazz for an hour and a half. The facilitator would literally start talking before the member of the group was finished talking and vice versa.

When there were 4 minutes left, the facilitator asked all the other members of the group if they had anything to say-lol.

Periodically, the facilitator will ask members of the group questions like, 'how are you feeling on a scale of 1 to 10,' and I think from this point forward I'm just going to answer with 5 (average), and I'm going to answer any other questions with, 'yes,' and 'no,' answers or simply saying IDK.

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm going to therapy for the gas vouchers so I won't have any expectations that it's doing anything for me.

I live miles from civilization which means I live miles from the gym and grocery stores, so I use the trip to therapy to go to the gym before therapy and I go grocery shopping after therapy. So, even though therapy is a waste of time, for the most part, I'm getting in awesome shape and I'm saving money.

So, in other words, therapy would be great, if it wasn't for the therapy-lol.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Group Therapy
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 08:32:57 AM »
I started reading this and thinking okay this is really going to be serious then I ended up laughing lol because I have always wondered about group therapy and how it went but now I see it probably isn't always the best lol but I am sure there are better groups out there .

I love how you turn it into a positive outlook lol and that is good because you live so far away and making the trips in you do get things done so you can still go to group and if it were me I would so mess with that persons head because of my Ocd I would be interrupting that person and just talk over them lol and say off the wall things to annoy them until they realized the group isn't about them but the people there for help or like a voucher lol... PRICELESS! But works right! :).

I have had a few therapist take up my hour of therapy to talk about their home life and their vacations and also ask me for advice lol I am serious it is just stupid I mean its okay to be nice but I am paying for therapy and I am hearing about them and then at times one would forget who I was and would tell me about this other chick thinking I was here so I knew some personal things about her lol I had to keep telling this Therapist who thought she was a Brilliant therapist and teacher I was NOT that person and she kept losing things and looking all over her office needless to say I told her I wouldn't be back and she needed therapy! lol I did.

Finding Humor is the best thing to do and also like you using your time wisely !

Thanks for the post but seriously mess with them and see what happens and let me know hahahaa.. take over that group lol!

Take care!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
Am sitting here smiling away.

However, to get a little with the program, I did go to group therapy once (to say nothing of group therapy at self-help sites, ha ha). It was actually quite effective. We had a theme and the leader was a shrink who couldn't get a word in edge wise. We had mother problems. Need I say more?
Bookmark and Share

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 09:43:57 AM »
TY Tulip

I was thinking of getting on my phone and starting a conversations while the facilitator and the member of the group he talks to start conversing, but I'm sure the facilitator would tell me not to do that and it's rude-lol  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
I'm working on being happy with what I can do, rather than sad for what I cannot do

Offline anxiousartist

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 09:49:05 AM »
TY Tinam

I forgot to mention at the end of the session the facilitator said, 'ok, now you know everything about jazz. There's going to be a test next week,'-lol
Bookmark and Share

Tags: