Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: trigeminal neuralgia  (Read 118 times)

Online chunkymonkey

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
trigeminal neuralgia
« on: June 13, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »
my anxiety is getting worse once again. 3 days ago, i woke up and my right side of the face felt sensitive and painful with slight touch. Then i started having shooting pains in my lower jaw that would last for 1 second. Of course i googled and it said trigeminal neuralgia, and it is rare in young adults (i'm 23) and young adults that do have it is likely due to MS or tumor. And of course reading this, I started freaking out. The next day, the pain on my face has gotten better although i still feel a little bit of pain if i touch my face but no more shooting pain. But I have been feeling really dizzy, i dont know if its because of my anxiety or lack of sleep due to anxiety. Even though the pain only lasted for 1 day, im still worried about why I would get it in the first place. Im scared that it is MS or a tumor... please anyone help me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: trigeminal neuralgia
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 10:11:06 PM »
My cousin was just diagnosed with this bit I'm not really sure that this is your case. She was having really sharp ice picking pains near her ear, jaw and face. The way she described it was like someone taking an ice pick and stabbing her in the ear and face. She's was up a lot of nights with it. She went to her doctor and her doctor she would refer her to ent. She told my cousin to NOT google cause it would scare the day lights out of her and cancer would come up. My cousin isn't a hypochondriac so she doesn't listen to google anyway. She had a MRI and she's fine. It's just a damages nerve and there's treatment for it. So don't listen to google. All google knows how to do is spit out scary crap. If the pain persists, see a dr. It may be something simple. I hope this has helped! :)
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Online chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:21:00 PM »
thanks for the reply! just wondering, how old was your cousin when she was diagnosed? And do you know why she got trigeminal neuralgia? I mean was her vein pressing against her trigeminal nerve?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 10:25:51 PM »
She is 33 I think. I can't remember what she said about it but I do know that she lost a bit of feeling in front of her ear. Nothing major she said. I think her nerve was just damaged. I wish I could remember.  I will find out when I talk to her again. Don't sweat it.  And don't google it.  I'm sure you are just fine.

Do you have tmj?
Bookmark and Share

Online chunkymonkey

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 10:32:38 PM »
ok thanks! i dont know if i have tmj. my right jaw does pop out if i open my jaw widely, and I have really bad clogged ear and ear ache but i dont know if its tmj or allergy related.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2014, 10:34:38 PM »
Like know it's so hard to tell what it is cause so many things can relate. If your ear hurts, you may have an ear infection. Or sinus pain. Sinuses can bring on facial pains too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 02:16:11 PM »
It sounds like TMJ.
I have severe TMJ and I wear a mouth guard on the upper and another on the lower jaws.
I find myself clenching unconsciously through the day. I can only imagine how much that I clench and grind my teeth at night and how much worse it would be if I did not wear the guards.
There are a number of books out there regarding this.
I did go to see a neurologist because I had seen my regular doc and an ENT and a periodontist and my regular dentist. I was wondering if there was a need for a root canal or there was some infection in my teeth. Each time the doctor (whomever) stated that the teeth were fine it was the muscles of the jaw and the neck and other muscles that were in spasm.
I have had this for over two years. It is not as intense as it once was but it can be bad at times.
I hope that the pain is going away from you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: