Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I'm more productive and passionate at a coffeehouse than at home.  (Read 65 times)

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 11
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
So according to ACT therapy, I should be aware of what I most value in my life -- and be mindful to spend time in those areas.  It helps refocus me on my values vs. my anxiety.

Revising my second novel THE HOPE STORE is a project that I've overlooked in the past 5 months of anxiousness.   I find it very distracting to try to work on the book at home -- cuz of the TV and the refrigerator, etc.  Today I took myself to Chava Cafe and brought my laptop.  I'm getting much more done and being much more productive working on the novel!  I'm enjoying myself.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar?  First, refocusing your time on activities that are meaningful to you.  And second, finding you are more productive and creative when you go outside your house to something like a coffee house.  It's nice too because I get to be around people and still work on my project.  Best of both worlds.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: I'm more productive and passionate at a coffeehouse than at home.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 05:25:09 AM »
I think people with anxiety can feel better away from home at times. If you spend so much time at home, you tend to get depressed looking at the same walls. The same old house. So to change things up a bit can help you. You have made a coffee shop a safe place for yourself. A place were you can relax and do your work. Maybe it even inspires you to be around people. Gives you fresh ideas that you wouldn't get sitting at home.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: