Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Mornings  (Read 190 times)

Offline Nala1991

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Mornings
« on: June 13, 2014, 05:16:38 PM »
Is it normal for every morning before I even get out of bed for my heart to race, feel nauseous and when I get up am so shaky and my head feels so weird and dissoriented. The past 2 days I have been very shaky and feels like I am going to pass out and very weird feeling in my head like I am going to have a seizure or something. Is this normal?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Mornings
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 05:32:45 PM »
It could be if you're getting anxious in your sleep, then you can certainly wake up feeling like that without realizing the cause. Do you sweat alot in your sleep? A common, but less considered cause of such symptoms could be dehydration if that's the case :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 07:22:34 PM »
No I dont sweat that I can tell the last time this all happened to me Im pretty sure te same stuff happened to me. Its just very scary feeling that way. I dont understand how I can feel that way and then at times really have very little or no anxiousness at all and somewhat feel ok. I just get uneasy feelings in my head throughout the day and thats the scariest symptom.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 07:24:19 PM »
I know, I can totally relate. It's horrible, potentially debilitating, but the key thing to remember is that anxiety itself can't harm you :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 07:48:59 PM »
I know its just hard not to get anxious about it. I start cymbalta again tonight. I was on it for a year and a half and was doing so well I went off it about 8 months ago. I recrntly had alot of stressful things happen to me and its come back. Im scared to take it. Ive been on it twice before in my life and Im scared. I hate all this.😞
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 12:36:51 AM »
Hi Nala,

Its good to hear you started the Cymbalta tonight, In a few weeks, I will be hoping that you feel much better, since you have had success with it in the past.

Morning Anxiety, has been the most common problem for me - it justs hits very hard in the morning or on Sunday night's before work.  My mother (75 years old) also had it for years, until she was placed on Lorazepam .5 mg 2x per day, one at night and one in the morning.  She quickly was able to sleep better, and get up in the morning without the "Dreadful Fear of anxiety" and was up each morning to walk the dog.  It made such a difference for her.. :happy0151:

You might want to consider asking your doctor for a small dosage of benzodiazepine like Lorazepam , especially when starting any Antidepressant, I had some anxiety when starting Cymbalta - but it went away after a few days.

My best experiences, have been with doctors that will give you both an Antidepressant along with a small amount of Benzodiazepine (to be used if needed)  to help their patients stay on the Antidepressant for at least 4-6 weeks to allow it to produce therapeutic results in your body. - I am so happy my doctors did this for me  :yes:

I hope, your mornings get better with less anxiety  :sign0111:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline Nala1991

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 01:02:30 AM »
Thanks for the reply i hope it works for me again too. Its just so weird how right now i totally almost feel normal but I dread going to sleep bc I know its going to happen all over again. Its just so crazy. I do have .5mg of klonopin in case it really gets out of hand. I dont remember needing it last time though. I really dont take it at all I have a couple times but a few days after I take it it kind of gets me really depressed. Same with my mom, she has anxiety attacks that started a few years ago and she takes one and it really helps her. I probably never should have stopped taking the Cymbalta but at the time I was really at a good place in life and then a couple months after stopping it I could slowly feel the anxiety coming back but I could deal with it. Then I had some major life changing events take place. I lost my apt,my second job,my two "best friends" that did nothing but manipulate behind my back and the one I let move in with me ended up taking my job I lost,my apt, and was talking and hanging out with the guy I liked behind my back so yeah it was a very stressfull ordeal for me. I talk to none of those people anymore but unfortunately we live in a very small town. I had to move in back with my mother and everything its been just very stressfull all the way around.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Artman9865

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 02:05:34 AM »
I wake up like this about 4 to 5 daysa week depending on wwhat kind of week I'm having once it was so bad I went to the hospital and they didn't find anything wrong with me it seems like once it happens to ya it makes it happen more  often for me it seems like ibbring it on myself because i wake up and analyze hhow I feel aand it makes things worse
Bookmark and Share

Offline ARose318

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2014, 08:11:01 AM »
I think Morning Anxiety is very common. I get it almost every morning. Some days it is very mild and some days it's not. I am on Zoloft (been on it for almost 2 years) and it's helped, a lot. I also have Klonopin if the attack is really bad (which is rare) - eventually I just learned to live with it and know that it'll pass.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: