Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Low Vitamin D  (Read 492 times)

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Low Vitamin D
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 10:17:47 PM »
@Marc: You're right. You're right. I overreacted... Just the last kinda thing I needed to hear is all. Cooled down now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2014, 10:54:46 PM »
I also take a Vitamin D supplement. When I saw my GYN a few months ago & mentioned some anxiety issues, she suggested taking it. She said it's a controversial issue with doctors, but she finds taking a Vit D supplement to be beneficial & recommends it to her patients because so many people aren't getting enough. She recommended D3 between 1,000-2,000 a day, but that's just the safe dosage for a basic supplement. Obviously if you have bloodwork done & your doctor suggests otherwise, that's what you should probably take!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2014, 11:01:17 PM »
I also recently found out I had a vitamin D deficiency. It was like 19. It's pretty common, especially in states like Oregon and Washington.

My doctor has me on 2,000 IU a day.
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 56
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 05:43:24 AM »
Bah )8 My friend asked about what kind of tablets I'm taking. I told her I've been prescribed one 30 000u tablet of D3 per week. She immediately exclaimed that thus is a crazy amount and my doctor is trying to kill me.

WRONG thing to say. And now I freak out.

My fiancee takes 50,000 twice a week.  I was taking 50000 once a week for a while; now I just take a normal supplement.  My levels are still low but they were practically nonexistent for a while.  I still have a lot of the symptoms of it; I don't know if they linger or they're just caused by other things. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: